Two water damage indicators in the iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tikiman11, Jun 30, 2009.

1. tikiman11

tikiman11 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Recently my iPhone had died on me and I had gone into the apple store to discuss potential replacement. Of course, the phone would be covered if there had been no water damage. The employee took his flashlight, and rather than looking down the headphone plug-in, he looked at the bottom where the USB cord is plugged. He told me that there was indeed water damage, to which I argued there was no litmus indicator on the bottom.

Is it true that the 3G has two litmus water damage indicators rather than just one, like the iPod touch or is this employee trying to avoid a repair or potential replacement?
  2. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've heard that there's one there, the headphone Jack, and on the logic board. Hes probably right. Just eBay it and put it towards a new one or whatever.
    Edit: I see what I think is the litmus paper in my dock port on my 3GS. It's under the connector and is recessed.
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

There are actually 4 indicators on the 3G; the one in the headphone jack, the one under the USB connector, and two on the logic board.
  4. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    They will only check the one in the headphone Jack and dock connector. You can "fix up" the headphone Jack but not the dock connector one.