Release Two Red/Black Keyboard Skins for 1.1.3/4 iPhone/Touch

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by bones237, Apr 2, 2008.

1. bones237

bones237 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    UPDATE!!!Two Red/Black Keyboard Skins for 1.1.3/4 iPhone/Touch

This is a keyboard skin that was done with Tyro's other.artwork file in mind. I tried matching the shades of red that he used. If you have his other.artwork then u might want this.

EDIT 4/15:The red keyboard is now available in Installer thru TOUCH REVOLUTION repo. Add http://touchrevteam.com/repo.xml to your sources and it's under the "Rev 1.1.4" category

UPDATED VERSION: The attached updated zips now have the keyboard I edited that is used in Customize 2.0 for theme naming backups!!!

Also included is a keyboard for Texts that I missed for iPhone. (thanks to thesnudidntpick for pointing it out)
    There are 2 different skins available. One with red skin and other is red with black design.
    Screenshots below of both themes.

All letters and numbers are white and are a different font, including ones that pop up when pushed.
    (It was a b*tch to get the tab letters to be white also, BTW).

Both Skins work on all keyboards throughout......(Notes,Contacts,Mail,Safari,etc...)It took me awhile to do each keyboard because i did alot to each one, not just colored it, so please let me know if I missed something (a button or letter here or there) and I will fix it right away. I checked both themes pretty thoroughly on iTouch and iPhone so I think I got everything covered...

Regular Red Skin :

Please Register or Log in to view images

The dialpad above this is the one that you use to enter phone numbers in the Contacts app. It is NOT the main dialpad for the iPhone. The main iPhone dialpad is not in the artwork files otherwise I would have done it.

Red/Black Skin :

This pic of safari keyboard is a little blurry cuz of rotating it in flickr. Keyboard is NOT blurry like this, it's just picture.

As you can see they look even better when combined with Tyro's other.artwork file which is HERE

I had to Upload them separately because it failed when I tried to do them in one zip.
    I guess too big

BTW, if any of you guys like this and you also saw my yankees theme, which is HERE, I'm working on yankee keyboard to go with that.

ENJOY!!!!

Attached Files:

2. berky93

berky93 New Member

interesting. the first one looks like with a small tweak in color/shape it could be like a retro windows 98 kinda thing.

theyre both cool, but I don't think id use them.

although im one of the few people who is satisfied with the default look of apps/keyboard/som other things.

maybe its just me
  3. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    That looks pretty cool...

Might use this...

Read the PM im going to send to you...
  4. amibo21

amibo21 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Nice

Thanks I was looking for one skin red and black, this is great
  5. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dude im going to try to jailbreak 1.1.4 again and if i get it, this is on my ipod,
  6. Ttall11

Ttall11 New Member

looks good
    smart man
    with one exception
    YANKEES BLOW
  7. bsblade

bsblade New Member

thank you soooo much, ive been looking for some way to get a decent looking keyboard but it havent found one, until now that is. Im definitely gonna use this one.
  8. bsblade

bsblade New Member

also, how do i install on these? (im using a mac)
  9. bones237

bones237 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    ssh into itouch and put both files (keyboard-common.artwork & keyboard-latin.artwork) in /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework directory.
    Make sure you copy and save the original ones that are in there to your computer first before you overwrite them with these just in case you want to go back to default keyboard.
  10. Fu1Five

Fu1Five New Member

I don;t still get where to put safari in and media player?