two questions

Discussion in 'Linux' started by steve19137, Apr 10, 2009.

1. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

ill start w/ the ? about linux. i want to put linux on my ipod touch and i have a few ?s about it

1. does it take away the iphone os?
    2. if it doesnt, how does it run?
    3. can i do it on a windows xp? (do it meaning can i install linux on my ipod with my xp)

my second question. this should be in another area, but i wasnt sure where to put it, so i decided to combine threads. i just ripped a dvd using cladDVD.NET.
    7 files came out. they go by these names:

VTS_03_0.IFO
    VTS_03_1.VOB
    VTS_03_2.VOB
    VTS_03_3.VOB
    VTS_03_4.VOB
    VTS_03_5.VOB
    VTS_03_6.VOB

a n00b can tell that that is not a video file. so how do i make those into a video file? if it requires a software, it has to be free. im not going to get it from the guy that lives in the deep, dark alleyway, eating trash behind my house.

thanks
  2. dima the great

dima the great New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    About putting Linux on the iPod Touch: there really is no point in doing this since it's not user friendly at all and there is no GUI or any usable programs. BUT if you really do want it there's an iPod Touch Linux section on this forum.

As for the DVD rip, the VOB files are in fact video files. To convert, take the biggest of the 6 VOB files and convert them using any video converter (I really can't suggest a specific program, google it or use *******s) or use a DVD ripper that rips DVDs and automatically converts them to common formats.