Two questions i need help with.....

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by fullofquestions, Dec 16, 2007.

1. fullofquestions

fullofquestions New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Ok first one is when i click to opean my apollo aim it tells me that "you are running out of disk space please delete some photos or vidios" but when i go to my setting it says i have 6.4gb left.......

My second question is can u play say a movie from youtube but have the screen off while the movie is playing?? cause say im listening to comedy i dont need to have the screen on for that. ty

One more lol, do i need BSD ro run aim (i have apollo for aim), if not when i click to uninstall it only says re-install......
  2. 3CKO

3CKO New Member

there is 300 megs or something reserved for app space the 6.4 is whats left for music and whatnot but you can extend your app space id search if u want 2

and the 2nd question is a no. What you should look into is podcasts cuz thats pretty much what your describing...

q3. yes you do and u neeed it for a fair few apps so i wuldnt be deleting it
  3. szurinaga

szurinaga New Member

1) the space you use for apps is different then the space your ipod uses for music and videos etc. depending on your ipod you either have 8gigs or 16gigs. when you download installer, you have a partition of 300 mb so you can download apps. check if maybe youve downloaded alot of apps and your running out of space. sometimes as well, the "your running out of space" alert doesnt mean anything at all. The first time i saw one of those alerts was within the first week i jailbroke my ipod and hasnt hampered my apps at all.

2)I dont know if you can have the screen off while the movie is playing. I would guess the only way you could do this is to press the sleep button on your ipod and see if it works. If it doesnt then you could just turn off the brightness on your ipod for the moment and that would conserve battery.

3) if by aim you mean the application Apollo, then yes you definitely need it.
  4. szurinaga

szurinaga New Member

jesus i spent all that time writing and someone beat me
  5. fullofquestions

fullofquestions New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Well ty to all of you....
  6. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Unfortunately, the sounds turns off on movies if you put it to sleep. For some reason, however, you can play video podcasts as either audio or video... Maybe tag your movies as podcasts? Not sure...

You could also use a converter to yank the audio from the movie file. I believe QuickTime for Mac has this functionality - just export and select sound to AIFF or AU or Wave or something...