Two questions from newbie.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mbannon, Jun 19, 2009.

1. mbannon

mbannon New Member

This forum is a great find. I was just given an iPod Touch 1G and I have a couple of questions that might seem trivial to you experienced users.

1. Why doesn't the iPod show as a drive in my Windows Explorer?

2. In Safari I notice that sometimes the top bar with the address and Google boxes disappears and sometimes it stays on. I can't figure out how to make it disappear when reading a page. (Oh wait! I just discovered that it scrolls off the top when you scroll down the page. Duh! OK I'm a bit slow.)
  2. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    iPods don't show up in windows explorer unless they're in disk mode or something. I don't even think the Touch can do this. it's so you use iTunes.
  3. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    1.The iPod touch cannot be used as a mass storage device. It just can't. (Without Jailbreaking & Remote login)
    2.You already answered it...
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you are on 2.2.1 or lower you can use Diskaid or iFunbox to access the filesystem. Free progs, links in my sig below. Not sure if they work on 3.0 though. If you're jailbroken then you can access deeper levels.
  5. Lt Colonel

Lt Colonel New Member

Copying files

Is this why I can't copy files to my iTouch? I purchased the DocToGo program hoping I could copy PPT, Excel and Word filles for review and reference without having the PC with me. I gues it was a waste of money. I even tried to send the file via my gmail account, but can't figure out how to save the ppt file to the iTouch and open the DocsToGo app. Any advice?

PS Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but looked like as good a place as any to ask.

LTC
  6. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I think a better bet for MS Office documents is QuickOffice, which can be purchased @ iTunes and is priced @ $19.99... Not sure about DocsToGo for Apple though, although it's a great app for the Palm though!