Two problems...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by brendanm, Dec 25, 2009.

1. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hey,

So we got too problems here with my 2G iPod Touch. Not sure if anyone can help, but if you can it's greatly appreciated.

Problem 1: One night, I ended up going on a golf-course with a car, needless to say my iPod was being used as a beat-box via AUX jack.. We went over a hill, the iPod went flying and hit the dome light... Well, the sleep button and a little bit of the area around it are dented into the iPod, sorta. The sleep button is pushed in too far, won't pop back out.. So does anyone got any ideas how I could get it to pop back out?

Problem 2: Some reason when I plug into charge, the right side won't go in all the way, therefor it doesn't really charge it kind of does but if someone moves an inch and the iPod get's a little touch it stops charging...

I don't expect anyone to experience this, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Brendan
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Problem one: You might break a nail or two, but you would have to attempt (to the best of your ability), to get your nail under the dented metal back and bend (yes bend, all metals have a max amount that they can bend without breaking) the metal to allow your button to pop back out. This may or may not be possible depending on how dented the metal is or deep the button is lodged in... It is possible to live without a sleep/wake button (plug it in to turn it from off to on, put it to sleep using the automatic sleep in preferences, wake it up from sleep using the home button).

Problem two: Well, you screwed up the alignment of your female dock connector, there really isn't any fix for that without opening it (voids all warranty, but it might voided already).

You can always bring it to Apple and see if they are nice enough to give you another one / see if it voided your warranty (if it did, you might as well open it if you know what you are doing.
  3. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Yeah, I've tried but it's not really working well. The button is pretty much completely in the casing, but there is a spot where the metal is dented in and there's the whole button exposed, like the way I bought it. I've figured out the whole home button thing though... This happened in the summer, but I just got around to fixing it.

So got any other suggestions?

Well see, I've had it plugged into a wal-mart brand charger for the iPhone, for the last hour or so now and it's charging fine, almost done charging now. I had to force it in, but now it keeps going back in properly.. I'm guessing maybe I put it back into it's proper place, or at-least started too? And it only happened after the cord got pulled outta the iPod by force.. My dog grabbed the cord from my PC and ran with it, taking the iPod with it, and let's just say we don't have a dog anymore..

Please Register or Log in to view images

As for taking it to Apple, I'm not sure we have a store, in Prince Edward Island. I've had it since last Christmas so I'm guessing the warranty is up and there is nothing they could do?
  4. beefstrudel

beefstrudel Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You sure live an exciting life with a lot of action don't u?
  5. Uchiha1911

Uchiha1911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Epic Win!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    And.. signed
  6. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    You know what, it was actually an amazing night. I ended up driving all night, from around midnight til 7AM and going to work that morning at 11:30 til 10PM... Good stuff.

Anyway,
    Some help please?
  7. Uchiha1911

Uchiha1911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    You really raped your iPod

Please Register or Log in to view images

1) Maybe you could flick it back by using a thin knife or something similar? It must be stuck somehow, otherwise it wouldn't be sitting there acting like it's broken and stuff.

2) No idea, really.