Two photoshop Questions???

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by fear_2670, Dec 13, 2008.

1. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

I have two Ps question, please answers them.

1. In Ps, is there the ability to make a color transparent(like in GIMP, Color to alpha).
    2. Is there a way to add pictures as layers(like in GIMP) to same project,
    e.g.
    Take a pic and add second pic to change background.

If Ps is the number 1 image editing program, does it have these abilities???
    Any help would be appreciated, then i can finally uninstall GIMP.
  2. Germany

Germany Banned

I do not no much about Photoshop, but I can almost guarantee you can. Also, you should not uninstall GIMP! It's great for animations. I can see how you have moved pass the beginner stage like I am in and moved on to better wok, but it's still good for easy animations.
  3. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    1. Of course: simply leave the space empty and save it as an image that supports transparency (most likely .png)
    2. Of course: add new layer, drag in the image.
  4. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

I don't get either one, could you explain a little better, specially number 2.
  5. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I'll get you some screenies to help you understand, check back in say 10 minutes? are you using CS3 or CS4? (just wondering)
  6. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

CS4 Extended,
    BTW: thanks for your time.
  7. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ahh, good call on the CS4, I just updated yesterday, anyways, check out the attachments, hopefully they'll help you out, oh, and an avatar for fun

Please Register or Log in to view images

[EDIT] LOL, typo in the second, it should say "look like", not "lok like" oh and if you don't want to look at them squished on the images in a new tab or window or something

Please Register or Log in to view images

Attached Files:

8. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

OK, number two worked out, but for number 1 i want to be able to select a color (e.g. red) and be able to eliminate all of that color in the pic(like color to transparency).
  9. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Okay, I think I get a little bit more of what you're saying, for this you're either gonna want to select a color range (select>>color range) or, if the part you want transparent is all one solid shape you can try the magic wand tool (on the left hand sidebar, forth from the top) once you have the part you want selected, using either method (magic wand is probably easier, but color ranges produce better results) you can simply hit delete (or command-shift-apple key-f13-control-T on a mac)
  10. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Not yet, both of those turn it WHITE, i want TRANSPARENT, so that i can trow in any image behind it and it becomes my background or anything else i want it to be.