Two Apps To Backup Your Itouch/Iphone

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by greensleeves, May 14, 2008.

1. greensleeves

greensleeves New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Here We have two AMAZING applications that will backup your iphone/itouch with a click of a button [or more less]
    --------------------------[windows users]--------------------------
    first id like to introduce iBackup for windows

Please Register or Log in to view images

iBackup

I found a cool utitility to backup your iPhone’s applications, application data, and photos.
    This app will really help me when i need to restore again.
    The application currently works only with firmware 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 iPhones and iPod touches and it does require you to have jailbroken your iPhone.
    To use the backup, download it onto your PC, run the iBackup.msi, install it, and you can either run the program from your desktop, or through your Start Menu.

download iBackup [windows]:HERE

when you run it you will see several buttons on the top, click the Backup button to backup your applications, application data and photos.
    Please read and follow the instructions.
    Currently, This Application Only Works With Windows.

---------------------------[mac users only lol]----------------------
    For my Sexy Fellow Mac Users, We have An app that is WAAAAY Better than iBackup [lol windows users!]
    This bad boy is called iBares

Heres the Skinny:

Please Register or Log in to view images

iBaReS​

iBaReS is an easy to use integrated tool for backup and restore of iPhone and iPod Touch via Wireless LAN.

Apple's iTunes will only backup the standard settings and re-sync your media when doing an upgrade or you may lose all your data when a restore is necessary due to any reason.

For all "enhanced" (jailbroken) iPhones you have to re-do all 3rd party applications and settings after any firmware update. Therefore iBaReS was developed to save all your treasured additional applications, settings and data before and update/restore and easily put all the stuff back onto the iPhone without spending hours and hours all over again with the ever same tasks.
    This Version of ibares backsup the following:
    -Standard Apps
    -3rd Party Apps
    -root data and application Settings
    -mobile data and application settings
    -mail accounts and mailboxes
    -contacts, calendars, bookmarks
    -textmessages [sms]

Download: Here

If This Helps, +REP ^)^
    -Greensleeves
  2. beatoven

beatoven New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Hey there. I've been using iBackup to backup my stuff but never had to restore yet.
    Did you try it? Does it restore the apps with the appropriate permissions set?
    How about things like Intelliscreen and Kate? They won't work, will they?
  3. greensleeves

greensleeves New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    not too sure about the kate thing
    and im sure ibackup has a restore feature, and if not; its not too hard to SSH into your itouch/iphone and copy your stuff over.
  4. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Both are great, but iBaReS is great stuff for those on the Mac side. Plus the developer is a great guy too.