Two apps, same name, can't customize

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by ariphas, Jul 24, 2010.

1. ariphas

ariphas New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have the apps White Noise and White Noise Storm. On my iPod, the name below the app icon for both apps is simply WhiteNoise. I want to give White Noise a custom icon, but when I try this, both White Noise and White Noise Storm get that same icon. I ONLY want White Noise to get that icon and I want White Noise Storm to retain its original icon.

On someone's suggestion on another website I tried using Rename. In Rename I saw the two apps listed as WhiteNoise and WhiteNoiseStorm, which isn't how they're displayed on the iPod so it confused me a bit. When I tried to change WhiteNoiseStorm to just Storm, and clicked rename, nothing happened, so I'm guessing Rename doesn't do anything for me for whatever reason. I'd like to either rename White Noise Storm's display name to Storm or somehow block it from using the icon for White Noise. How do I do that?

EDIT: Fixed. Followed a tutorial about editing the Info.plist of the app.
  2. ayeyobro

ayeyobro New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Rename the storm app just storm through ssh, go to applications right-click and hit rename should rename the app storm
  3. ariphas

ariphas New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I followed a tutorial telling me to edit the info.plist of the app (it worked).
  4. ayeyobro

ayeyobro New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Oh good stuff just making sure you weren't still having problems hah
  5. ariphas

ariphas New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch