Review Twitterrific Premium

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by 48days, Jun 6, 2009.

1. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Twitterrific Premium

Please Register or Log in to view images

Category: Social Networking
    Released: May 08, 2009
    Seller: The Iconfactory
    © 2008, The Iconfactory
    Version: 2.0.1
    1.8 MB

$3.99

Overview:

Twitterrific, The Iconfactory's second App Store application brings twitter to your device smoothly and elegantly. This is my first of hopefully many twitter app reviews, some say save the best for last, but I'm going to have to disagree. Twitterrific is a complex, feature filled twitter client that brings everything in the web version onto your iPod/iPhone and more.

UI:
    Twitterrific has very different user interface, it probably like nothing you've seen before and can be super confusing at first. It can take a really long time to get used to twitterrific (took me about a week) although once you do get used to it, you'll never even consider going back to any other twitter client.

Here are some scrnshts for a visual reference (click for full view):

(via my iPod, excuse the custom font)

Functionality:
    Twitterrific is absolutely filled with features. The app includes everything from trends on the front page to a convenient search, twitterrific even includes image uploading straight to twit pic. However, all these amazing features are also twitterific's downfall, the app lacks labels throughout the UI so to get a hang of everything you need to memorize what every little button and symbol means. All-in-all twitterific lets you do pretty much anything, it's just finding out how that's the difficult part.

Graphics:
    With three great themes, ranging from 'basic', which makes it look more like a stock app, to 'raven', the theme in the screenshots, twitterrific is an all-round visual pleasure no matter what your taste is.

Audio:
    Twitterrific's audio is super basic and very un-intrusive. Its audio pretty much limited to a selection of four bird-whistle notifications that you can choose from.

Ratings: (out of five)
    UI: ★★½ - confusing and hard to use, but still elegant
    Functionality: ★★★★ - still confusing, but the features are endless
    Visuals: ★★★★★ - great, regardless if you like the pretty stuff or the stock stuff
    Audio: ★★★★★ - not much to rate here, but the audio is flawless
    Overall: ★★★★ - twitterrific is without a doubt sitting near, if not at the top, of the App Store twitter clients, I think it's safe to say twitterrific is a must have for any twitter lover ​

Links:
    Official Site: http://twitterrific.com/iphone
    App Tutorials: http://twitterrific.com/iphone/tweetorials

As always, thank you for reading
    and I hope you enjoyed the review.
    If you liked it feel free to add me as
    a friend or follow me on twitter:
    http://www.twitter.com/joshvani

This is my second full fledged review
    so critique is still welcome. If you do
    end up buying twitterrific (which I
    highly suggest) I'd recommend
    watching those tutorials I linked. ​

Attached Files:

2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Wow, this is an exceptional review! The layout is very unique! And don't forget everyone - we're giving away 3 copies of this application as part of Fantastic Friday 3... don't forget to enter!
  3. Germany

Germany Banned

Good review! Try writing some more details in your sections. I know it's hard to do audio for this application but you could combine Audio and Visuals. Also, spread your pictures throughout the review. They are all in one spot. If you had them in different sections, I think the review would look a lot better. Anyways, great work on the review. I like the layout, just keep working on more details.

On a side note, Twitterrific Premium is my favorite Twitter application. I love the bird update noise. Haha. Great features as well.
  4. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Wow, thanks a lot Kiks. I'm probably going to do a couple more reviews tommorow.

I'll definitely spread out the pictures on my next one and I'll probably combine audio and visual as you said since they always end up being the smallest sections. Thanks a lot for the tips.

And yeah, twitterrific is an amazing app, it took a lot to draw me away from twittelator.