Tweeked with Other.Artwork file and all HELL has broke out! :S

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sprigner, Apr 3, 2008.

1. sprigner

sprigner New Member

First Of All:

Firmware: 1.1.4 JB
    File Problem: Other.artwork
    Ipod Touch 16gb

Ok, I have jailbroke this thing like 5 times with no problems that I couldnt usualy fix...Untill now. Basically I was just doing a quick other.artwork edit and replaced the original with a modded one that I found on here (That I have used before) Unfortunately my connection went around half way through and the file became currupt on the iPod.

WinSCP was being anoying and preveted me from putting a new one on without resuming the currupted. Anyway I fixed that and mananed to put the file back on. But when using my iPod its completely defaced...in a bad way. The music app is completely screwed and apart from the official apps none open (Customize, iCopter, iPhysics) etc etc

I have tried 3 different Other.Artworks including the original one found on the iPod to begin with. :S and it hasnt changed Anything!

So please could some one give me some advice and maybe the original 1.1.4 Other.artwork file?

P.S: Restoring isnt much of an option tbh as Im sick of doing it lol and I am sure there is a fix

Please Register or Log in to view images

PP.S Please dont say "Have you put the file permission to "0755" as I have lol, I have done this so many times haha.

Thanks guys!
  2. psp2468

psp2468 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    well since you have tried many other.artwork files and it didnt work, honestly im pretty sure the only way to fix it is restoring.

Sorry man
  3. ZeRoNiXx

ZeRoNiXx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes, that seems like the only thing to do, I guess you had better like restoring one more time

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. rosario1187

rosario1187 New Member

bro, i swear, thats mad weird...i was actually modifying a other.artwork file while in school, and when i tried transferring, only 1% transfered successfully bcuz i lost internet connection, and since i was in my school's network i had NO IDEA that the ip was, so i had to wait till i got home...but usually it just tells you to resume...quick question though, when you get into the folder the other.artwork file goes into, do you see "Other.artwork.plist"??? bcuz if you do, delete that file and just upload the new Other.artwork file. if you dont see 'Other.artwork.plist" then just restore..cuz i have no clue