Tweak to enable use of Touch with car stereo

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sniece, Mar 24, 2009.

1. sniece

sniece New Member

OK, so being frustrated with an FM modulator in my car, I picked up a Kenwood head unit that allows direct plug in of my iPod. Problem is, when it's plugged in, I can only control the iPod (1G Touch) from the head unit, and not from the iPod itself. This stereo doesn't allow me to control anything under the 'Music' function (I can still use everything else), and actually throws up a white screen telling me I can't access the functions due to be connected to an external device.
    Is there a tweak that will 'undo' this, and allow me to access playlists, etc. through the normal iPod interface? The interface on the head unit isn't too bad, but it isn't nearly as convenient.

Any pointers or assistance would be a appreciated.

Thanks,
    Stephen
  2. urbanrunner

urbanrunner New Member

Did you ever figure out the answer to this?

Having similar issue
  3. sniece

sniece New Member

What I've found so far is that holding down the home button for about 7 seconds turns off the 'accessory connected' mode, and allows you to browse the iPod as normal. Problem is, although it still plays the music through the stereo, the track information stays with the last song started by the stereo, and you can no longer change tracks through the stereo. In order to restore the regular mode, you need to power cycle the stereo...not ideal.

Steve