TVersity

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Mouse212, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Mouse212

Mouse212 New Member

Got this a short while ago so that I can watch movies of all file types on my iPod without having to actually sync it on.

Didn't actually get it working in the end, but does anyone else use it? I'd be interested to hear if you got it working.

Note, I did search, and the only thread is in the French forum with no replies.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. mrv9292

mrv9292 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I use this with my ps3 and was curious to see if it would work on an ipod touch. But I dont have a touch yet but hopefully by christmas i will
  3. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes it works just fine. I've used it a few times. When you go to play a file that the Touch/iPhone cannot support TVersity automatically starts comverting it to mp4. Than depending on how big the file was, it takes a few mins for the play button to become active, than you can start watching.
  4. Fink

Fink New Member

Getting Flash Error with TVersity

(Sorry to hijack this, I don't want to create another thread on streaming)

I got it all set up, and when I got to play the file it gives me the flash error. It doesn't seam to go away (I'm in the /iphone part of the server)

I've been searching the forums for a while trying to find how to stream from my computer to my touch.

I seam to run into the same problem every time: Playing the file
    I ether get a flash error, or some odd play syimbel with a slash through it (when running just a normal http server)

Any help would be great. Thank you

[Edit]

It looks like the newest version of TVersity requires flash. Saw a post on iLounge.
    I don't want to use orb because I just want to use it on my lan. Sigh, if only my hhtp server worked