Tv shows not in order in iPod Touch, but in order in iTunes

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by DemonIced, Oct 19, 2009.

1. DemonIced

DemonIced Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hi, first of all, I must say I searched the net for an answer, but none worked for me so here it is.

I have a lot of Family Guy, South Park and Metalocalypse seasons on my PC (yeah I know, I'm a anime geek). And tagged them all for : the name of the episode, the name of the show, the episode ID (in 101-102 format for Family Guy and Metalocaplypse and in S01E01 format for South Park (gosh that was long), the number of the season and the number of the episode. Also I classified them all in TV shows in my iTunes.

So they all appear in the correct order in my iTunes. But on my iPod Touch 3G 64gb, they are all disorder, (they are still classified as Family Guy or South Park, but within each of the show category, the seasons are all messed up, they're not even in alphabetical order...

So anyone has any idea on how sorting this out? Because it's a pain searching for a specific episode of South Park when you have 100+ or them...

Here's some screenshots of how I tagged them:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: Also, I would prefer not having to make a playlist to see my videos in order, I'm searching for a way to order them in Videos
  2. The Killswitch

The Killswitch Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I'm having this problem as well. It doesn't separate my TV shows by season anymore...I believe it was when I switched to 3.0.
  3. DemonIced

DemonIced Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Anyone has a solution for us TV Shows geeks?
  4. white2003

white2003 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What I had to do was edit each tv show episode (all 219 of them,) and add on S after the name and then the season number. So now its South Park S13

Right click on the file in itunes and go to get info. Then click the video tab and add S13 after South park where it says Show. That is for Season13.

It took a while. It isn't perfect because now when I go to video it has so many more folders now but it is way better then what it was.
  5. DemonIced

DemonIced Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    So you replaced each epise title by South Park S# ? and that way they appear in order in your video folder on your ipod touch?

I tried adding 101, 102, 103 before each title, but nothing worked. It's funny because my Famili Guy episodes seems in order after I named them like I said earlier (I only kept season 7), but none of my Metalocalypse or South Park seasons seem in order.
  6. zenpc

zenpc New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi! I've got the same dissapointing problem, is there any solution?
  7. dumb_dog827

dumb_dog827 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I had this problem too.

My Ipod is not Jail-broken. anyways. I have all three seasons of Invader Zim on my Ipod and they all three showed up in Season 1 even though I purchased the three separate seasons from Itunes. (it shows that they are from season two and three but you have to open up all of them from season 1) anyways simple fix to get Ipod to see them separately. In Itunes go to your Ipod TV shows folder (not TV shows in Library (doesn't work)) Sort by season by clicking the season button. Then (this takes a while) starting at season 2 put a period after the name of the show for each episode..... for example
    Show: Invader Zim
    season 2- Show: Invader Zim.
    season 3- Show: Invader Zim..

just add a period each time. Then on your Ipod it will actually sort by seasons. Hope this works for you. worked for me. Attached is an example of what I'm talking about with the first two seasons.

Attached Files:

8. alan23

alan23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    select all, multi edit,compilation tab, check in box "part of a compilation" this will put all selected in correct order
  9. AndrewM52320

AndrewM52320 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    They get put in alphabetical order if there are no track numbers present. To access these you right click and click get info and locate track number. So say it's episode 1 and there are 16 episodes In that particular series, you enter track number 1 of 16. Then for episode 2 you write track number 2 of 16. So on.
    Hope this helps!