TV Show doesn't show up on Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cowboyshootist, Oct 9, 2007.

1. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Greetings,

I am synching videos to my Touch and I have an episode of a TV show (Weeds) that iTunes says is on the Touch but I cannot find it anywhere. Where do the TV shows go? I only see Movies when I touch the Video button.

Where do they hide the TV shows???? Maybe I need to turn off the parental controls...LOL
  2. Katryss

Katryss Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It seems that this functionality has been removed from the iPoT. Make sure that all your tv shows are marked as movies.
  3. cowboyshootist

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well that worked. That is strange because iTunes shows a folder for TV Shows but the video doesn't show up until you mark it as a movie.

Wierd...
  4. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Tv shows show up under all your movies. Scroll to the bottom of your videos page and your tv shows should show up in a new section
  5. hollip3020

hollip3020 New Member

i had this problem too. but only on shows i got from *******s. you have to right click the show and choose get info, then put in a name for the show and an episode number.
  6. cowboyshootist

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Unfortunately that didn't work.
  7. cowboyshootist

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    In the Info window do you mean that I need to enter information on the Video tab (the tab where you specify Movie versus TV etc)? I'll try that and report back.
  8. hollip3020

hollip3020 New Member

yeah you have to tell it its a tv show then it should show text boxes for the show name and a few for episode info
  9. cowboyshootist

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The Touch is still being finicky about TV shows. I did get it to show up in the Movies section but it would not play. I am resynching the show to see if that fixes the problem.

I also noticed a couple of other oddities in videos. Some movies that I have actually show screen shots from other movies. For example, I have the Nicholas Cage movie Next on the Touch. The artwork that the Touch shows is the opening screen from a DVD of Cisco Kid TV episodes. Might be time for the old Ctrl-Alt-Delete treatment on the touch...LOL
  10. cowboyshootist

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    SUCCESS!

Well I guess I finally got the right mix and now the episode of Weeds shows up as a TV show and it actually plays on the Touch.

Now to get the ascpect ratio so that it uses up more of the screen real estate.