Tv out

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pk1991, Jan 18, 2008.

1. pk1991

pk1991 New Member

Hey,
    i just got a travel set?
    from swiss gear and it comes with a Travel Charger, Auto Charger, S-Video/Audio out, and Audio Out. that i got for 20 bucks.

most likely my question for this is Does the ipod touch actually work for the S-Video?
    because i hooked it up to my tv and only sounds work but no video
  2. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

No. You'll need an Apple approved, chip installed, overpriced dock to get video off your Touch or iPhone, and I'm almost sure the new Nano and Classic. Apple decided they need to screw new everyone who bought a new version of an iPod by changing the the video output so that is will only work if the dock has a certain chip in it that only Apple can/will provide. As such every older dock with video output won't work with your Touch, and you'll probably have to wait longer and pay more for manufactureres to come out with new models.
    I just bought a nice speaker/amp/video output dock for the new I Zune also own. Made for the original Zune, it still works fine with my new model. It was half the price of it's iPod dock twin (same device, different dock connector) which doesn't work (for video) with my new Touch.
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You need apple's composite cable which connects through the dock instead of through the headphone jack. A generic travel set won't work.
  4. RompaRoom

RompaRoom New Member

We cant connect the composite from the t.v directly to the touch? We need a cable and a dock then? I thought just the cable would work