tv out

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by patmazuel, Dec 25, 2007.

1. patmazuel

patmazuel New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,

I have an ipod touch, and have just bought a Denon ampli with an apple universal dock. The sounds works great, but to watch a video, I'm told to go to settings, video, TV out. However I don't see the otpion TV out . Any help would be appreciated.

TIA
    Patricia
  2. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    go to Settings > Video. there should be 4 options on your screen. 2 on top, a space in between with the words TV Out in faded letters, and 2 underneath that saying, Widescreen On/Off and TV Signal NTSC > (or PAL)
  3. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    you cant use any old video devices with the new ipod. Your wonderful, neighborly apple is making you buy a 50 dollar cord that does it.
  4. linds

linds New Member

Yup. You have to buy a new cable straight from Apple since they put in authentication chips so that only apple made hardware/cables will work now
  5. patmazuel

patmazuel New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    great, found it. I had seen the space but didn't see that it was marked with TV out . Thanks

6. patmazuel

patmazuel New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This isn't any old device, I just bought it ! I will get back in touch with Denon, they could at least warn you about that. Thanks for the help, it is appreciated.

7. kolguy

kolguy New Member

Any Idea what the authentication chip does ?

Hi,

I am a new itouch user. And this is my first post. I have read somewhere (iLounge??) that even the Hi-Fi (amplified speaker dock from apple) unlocks the TV-Out. So my question is ?

1. Does it talk on the serial lines ?

2. If yes any idea if it negotiates once and then sits back ?

3. Does anybody have that $49 cable with an electronics background to figure out whats going on? Can a PIC based hack be made (I am ready to do the PIC programming which I do on a daily basis to earn living)

Regards
    Kolguy