TV out support?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mkil5, May 2, 2010.

1. mkil5

mkil5 New Member

Well I am taking the plunge and getting my first ever iDevice. I plan on getting an iPod Touch 3rd gen (64GB) when the new Spirit JB comes out. However I was wandering if TV out is supported on this device? I saw where it was in the 2nd gen, but when I go to look at Composite cables (on eBay or Amazon), they do not list support for 3rd gen, only up to 2nd gen.
    I only want to use TV out for videos, primarily using OrbLive's live TV streaming feature. Is this possible with this device?
    Please let me know.
    Thanks a lot.
  2. jse1988

jse1988 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I would get your ipod before the jailbreak is released. That way you have it registered and synced before new firmware is released to block it. Just incase
  3. ian928

ian928 New Member

To answer your question, yes the 3rd gen iPod touch does support video out. I use it all the time on my 32 gigabyte model.
  4. mkil5

mkil5 New Member

ian, thanks for the answer.
    jse, thank you for the tip, I have just been looking at "like-new" 3g iTouches listed locally, and all I can find are 3.1.3 firmwares. Will I be ok to buy one of those? Is it confirmed that Spirit will be a non-tethered JB for 3.1.3 on the 32GB 3rd gen?