[Tutorial] Win-64 Bit RS Jailbreak with LIBUSB

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by dancool999, Feb 5, 2009.

1. dancool999

dancool999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Please Register or Log in to view images

+

Windows Vista 64-Bit LIBUSB Tutorial
    Welcome to the Windows Vista 64-Bit Redsn0w Jailbreak tutorial. This tutorial explains how to get LibUSB working on 64-Bit Windows Vista computers only. The 64-Bit mod was originally created for Playstation 3 controllers. This Tutorial is for LIBUSB only and should work with any GUI, for the actual jailbreak use a Tutorial or GUI.

NEW METHOD BETA: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148985

Download LIB-64 Folder
    Download LibUsb 32-Bit Installation (If you have not already)
    Download Readyboot (Recommended, but optional)

1) Extract files from LIB-64-Bit Folder, place in perm location because you can't move/delete folder after installed.

2) Open Folder and Run inf-wizard, click next, and select either the "USB Composite Device" or the "Apple Device" (if you iPod is plugged in) from the list and click next twice.

3) When save dialog comes up name it "setup" and click save and exit from program.

4) Open Control Panel and search "Add hardware" Select "Install drivers for older devices with Add Hardware wizard". (WINDOWS 7 Users: Search for "hdwwiz.exe" for add hardware wizard)

5) Select Install hardware manually from list, Select "Show all Devices", Click Have Disk, Browse your computer to the LIBUSB-64 folder and find the file
    "setup". Then click next to install. If you get an error about compatibility just ignore it and continue.

6) Now install LibUSB-32 Bit Exe installation, make sure you set compatibility mode to Windows XP SP2 (Right click on installation file, click properties, Compatibility tab, Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP Sp2 and click OK)

6) READ IMPORTANT MESSAGE! Now you must restart your computer but REMEMBER TO PRESS F8 DURING BOOT!! A screen will appear and scroll down to select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" and click enter. You must do this every time you boot your computer or you will get the Blue Screen of Death." (There is an automated faster way to do this I will explain later.)

8) After reboot your computer should have LIBUSB installed. To test if it worked, plug in your iPod and open "testlibusb-win" in the USBLIB-64 folder, scroll down and if you see "- Manufacturer : Apple Inc. - Product : iPod" listed, you correctly installed LIBUSB and can now Jailbreak/Boot normally by a GUI program or manually. [Click for picture]

9) For a faster way to boot your computer without pressing F8 every time, install Readyboot to automatically select Disable Driver Enforcement every time. Do not touch any settings during setup (just click next). (Unless you dual-boot your computer you may need to change keystrokes during Setup).

If you have any problems please post success/failure stories or PM ME

Mod Created by Dancool999.
    Special Thanks to Dev and Chronic Teams
    Also thanks to wraggster and others for Playstation 3 Controller/LibUsb Mod

Thank you.

2. xX_HaCkZzZ_Xx

xX_HaCkZzZ_Xx New Member

3. dancool999

dancool999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have successfully removed all previous drivers and reinstalled with this method with no problems! All USB drivers are working!
  4. BBock727

BBock727 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    do you have AIM? pm me if you do. When i look at avail devices i have my mouse, apple recovery DFU USB driver and my printer.

I am assuming you click the apple recovery one? I dont have "USB Composite Device"
  5. leetskeetkris

leetskeetkris New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Can this be removed later?
  6. dancool999

dancool999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes by uninstalling the LIBUSB software and then finding the driver you installed in the device manager and uninstalling it.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    In that case try installing LIBUSB-32 setup and then see if it comes up.

Aim: Dancool938
  7. callofdutyaddict

callofdutyaddict New Member

plz help me when i open inf wizard it does not have anything on the list u may know the prob or do u know the manual hex and all the stuff
  8. Kukumber

Kukumber New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you so much!!
    Worked like a charm, no USB devices were disabled this time...and finally I don't have to boot a 2nd OS to boot my iPod

9. dancool999

dancool999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Working on that right now
  10. BBock727

BBock727 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    When you did this, what usb devices showed up for you? I dont have that USB composite.. only mouse,printer and Apple DFU