[Tutorial] Repair Spring.app

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by syelloww45, Aug 6, 2009.

1. syelloww45

syelloww45 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys, many of my friends need help, cuz their springboard was crashed and can't quit the safe mode, to repair it, your iphone or ipod needs to be jailbroken and do the following things:
    * I am not responsible for things goes wrong or can't repair
    --------------------------------------------
    A) Use WIFI Services (if you have wifi)
    1) Open WIFI inside the Safe Mode, then select your WIFI Network name
    and look at your IP Address by touching the blue icon > (sth like that)

2) Now, go to your computer and use WinSCP http://winscp.net/eng/download.php#download2
    (or other stuff that can access your device by using WIFI), after you got in, a window requires you to login... here are the informations that you need to type in there:

Host: ( your IP address )
    Username: root
    Password: alpine
    Port: 22

3) You are now connected to your jailbroken device, go to up and up and up, just go to the main file with the name /

4) After that, go to the file name System inside the folder / , then go to Library inside System, then click on the file CoreServices and you will see SpringBoard.app

The way you go to there should be like this: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

5) Delete it and replaced my [attachment] with the file unzipped, then right click to properties and set 0777 and tick the box. Now restart your springboard and you can use now!!!!

6) Done!!!!
    --------------------------------------------
    B) Don't Use WIFI Services (if you do NOT have wifi)

1) Plug in your iPod or iPhone Device into the computer by using the USB Cable.

2) Use iFunBox (i suggest to use that, cuz iPhone PC Suit requires you to install Panda Daemon, annoying...) Then, iFunBox will connect your Device, if you can't re-plug your device again and again since the spring is crashed

3) Click on your device name on the right, then click on Raw File System.

4) After that, go to the file name System inside , then go to Library inside System, then click on the file CoreServices and you will see SpringBoard.app

The way you go to there should be like this: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

5) Delete it and replaced my [attachment] with the file unzipped.

6) ReBoot your Device

7) Done!!!!