[Tutorial] Putting Roms on JB Touch using Iphonebrowser

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lildon697, Feb 3, 2009.

1. lildon697

lildon697 New Member

I thought I would just give you guys a quick and easy tutorial. Unfortunately for me, I can not use ssh...I don't know why but I refuse to continue to try after spending a few hours trying to connect.
    My next issue is that none of the repositories I have found would work. So here is what I did:

(using windows)
    1) Make sure you download the NES emulator from cydia

2)Go ahead and download Iphonebrowser/

3) Go to anyplace where you can find roms...I used a link someone posted here which was http://www.cpujunky.com/Snesrom1.html

(on a side note: the first time I did this, I downloaded all of them (roms) using safari and then had to go a round about way which I will explain later incase anyone needs to know how)

4) After you have downloaded your roms, unzip them.

5)Open iphonebrowser and connect your ipod

6)Click the drop down menu item named: Goto Location and then go to Third party applications and then click the NES Roms button. This will create the folder that you need store your roms in.

7) I would close and reopen iphonebrowser afterwords because it did not recognize the new folder for me the first time. After that look for var/mobile/media/ROMs/NES and open the folder(click it so it is open in the right panel).

8)Drag and drop all of your unzipped .nes files from wherever you keep them to the folder and then your all finished. (and by folder I mean to the right panel)

Please Register or Log in to view images

9)CLOSE IPHONEBROWSER AND ENJOY!!

Back to my side note...I had downloaded all my roms from safari so what I had to do was (and this is slightly tedious):

- look for the folder var/mobile/library/downloads and thats where all of my roms were saved.

- right click each individual file and click save as and save it to the desktop

- unrar the file

- and then complete steps 6-9

One more thing which I hope is obvious but sometimes you never know....after you complete step 6 once you never have to do it again (you can do it manually also but I just don't see why you would if you can just do step 6 as said)

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY!!!
  2. LolCakeLazors

LolCakeLazors New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Roms, are illegal...
    Rules:
  3. JuDaS009

JuDaS009 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks fir the reminder mod....We know the rules and if im not mistaken roms aren't a cracked app (atleast not the way i view it) And there are plenty of other legal threads about emulators so why aren't rom threads legal.
  4. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Because emulators are legal. ROMs are not.
  5. JuDaS009

JuDaS009 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    By the way nice guide. I myself use iphone browser instead of SSH and it works perfectly fine for me

------------------double post merged------------------
    emulators are only useful when roms are present right? So if thats the case then shouldnt emulator threads should be illegal as well. Or am im not familiar with this topic?
  6. lildon697

lildon697 New Member

Thx for letting me know

w/e

If the mods want to take this down that's fine,but I wasnt breaking any rules (I don't think) considering the mass amount of emulation threads...I am just trying to do my part and help those having a little trouble enjoying all the freedoms that I am enjoying. I hope this tut helps someone out...

7. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Let me clarify: ROMs made from purchased game cartridges are perfectly legal, and the cause for the development of emulators. It is illegal, however, to distribute and/or download ROMs. I'm not saying it's a serious crime or anything, but it is, in fact, illegal.
  8. lildon697

lildon697 New Member

If it helps I do actually still have a working nes with all of those roms in the pic

...seriously...i got em
  9. LolCakeLazors

LolCakeLazors New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You have a link to roms....
  10. X-Style

X-Style New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The iPhone Browser don't recognize my iPod. Also if I disconnect and reconnect, while the Browser is on.

Does somebody know, what's wrong?