Tutorial on adding themes through cuteftp with pics

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by smoogs12, Jan 24, 2008.

1. smoogs12

smoogs12 New Member

this tutorial will take you through the process of adding themes that you download from this site.

Also one side note. if you are wondering why i didn't include a picture for one step it's because i am limited to 10 pictures, so for things that i felt i could describe in words clearly enough for people to understand i did not include a picture.

First off if you don't have cuteFTP you can get the full version here http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/72048030/CuteFTP.rar.html (thanks to ipodtouchmaster for the patch)

1) once you download a theme it should give you a zipped folder. once you have this right click and then click "extract here".

Please Register or Log in to view images

Alright this is where it starts to get different so I'm going to do instructions for 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 first then after that the steps for 1.1.3 and 1.1.4..
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instructions for 1.1.1 and 1.1.2

2) After the files are extracted you should have the whole theme i what is now a normal folder. now you need to open up cuteftp. once youve connected to your ipod you should see this.

3) click on library and it should bring you to this screen

4) It will be a list of your apps. now go down to the one thats called "SummerBoard" and click on it. and incase you couldn't guess after that you click on the "Themes" folder
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instructions for 1.1.3 and 1.1.4

1 ) now you need to open up cuteftp so you can add the files that you extracted from the zip folder to your ipod. when you first connect your ipod you should see this screen

2) Once you see that that the first thing that you need to do is "go up" on e folder. To do that you click on the highlighted button in the picture below

3)that should bring you to this screen. Once there you need to click on the highlighted folder called "mobile"

4) after clicking that it brings you to a screen that has two folders on it . now what you need to do is click on the folder called 'Library".

5) then you will click on the folder titled "SummerBoard"

6) now you should be on a screen displaying only one folder, it should be called "Themes". open it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From this point on the steps are the same for all firmwares so i have only one set of instructions from this point on
    now you should see something that resembles this. this is all of the themes that you have on your ipod. and this is where you will put the folder for the theme that you just downloaded

1) So now go to wherever you saved the theme and drag and drop it into the last place i showed you. If you didn't save it to you desktop i would recommend doing that next time because it just makes it easier.

2) Once the theme has been transfered onto your ipod you will need to set the permissions to 755. to do this you click on the folder of the theme that you want to do this to. once you do that you will see a screen that has your theme in it. you should see things titled stuff like: Icons, Wallpaper, and Dock

3) Now highlight the dock and wallpaer files and right click you should see this

4) Now click on "Properties / CHMOD". and that should bing you to a screen that looks like this.

5) Set the permissions to 755 and click Apply. now go into the "Icons" folder. you should see this

6) Hit Ctrl+A to highlight all of the icons and set those permissions to 755 like i showed you perviously.

There you go. you should now have the new theme in working order on your ipod. if this was helpful plese click the scales under my name to add to my rep.
  2. smoogs12

smoogs12 New Member

let me know if it helps.thanks guys
  3. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks helped me show my friend how to cause i cant explain things too well in AIM
  4. smoogs12

smoogs12 New Member

glad it helped. thanks for refering your friend

5. plandry

plandry New Member

thanks help soooooooooooo much

6. Kmac1622

Kmac1622 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So it works ok
  7. plandry

plandry New Member

if that was a question yeah it helps
  8. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for making this. Maybe we'll see less noobs in every other theme release asking how to add them...
  9. smoogs12

smoogs12 New Member

no problem, thats why i made it.
  10. dancecollindance

dancecollindance New Member

nice
    this site really helped
    like the themes and the tutorials
    the layout is simple and really easy to navigate
    the members seem to have a pretty good knowledge of their
    iPods