[Tutorial] iphpPod read PDF - For Noobs

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by XyracX, Mar 10, 2008.

1. XyracX

XyracX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So first.I saw a Tutorial like this one ,on this board but that is not so easy to understand for noobs so i make my own one witch screenshots.My english is not the best one but i hope all of you can understand my Tutorial easely.

All of you know the problem if you want to watch some PDF files on you ipod.There are a few applications like Books.Books is nice and fast but dont support any pictures and dont support PDF files.So you have to convert them and the layout is not the best one.

There is also PDF Viewer witch is nice but i dont support the Landscape mode witch makes you to scroll all the time.When you scroll the text is very blurry.

So every one knows also how nice iphpPod is.You can read PDFs without any problems except of one : Your PDF file can only have a max. size of 10 MB.That sux isn it ?

Here is a way how to split your bigger Ebooks with only a few clicks :

~~~~~~~TUTORIAL~~~~~~~

First download this tool. > CLICK <

After you have installed it buy it or search for a code.It is not hart do find it on google.If you finaly dont found anything you can PM me.But please search first by yourself.

So after you have aktivated it successfully do following steps :

Please Register or Log in to view images

Click on open and select your PDF file.After that click on Split PDF

Please Register or Log in to view images

Here you have to click on Add and type a command.If you have for example a 18MB PDF file with 200 pages.So make 2 commands to split it in halfs. 1-99 & 100-200 .Now you just have to navigate to the Output folder and click on Split.

Now you have 2 PDF files witch each about 9MB that you can perfectly read in Safari.
  2. g.b.a.

g.b.a. New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    what if, if the pdf file has only 1 page but the filesize is more than 10Mb? let say 25Mb or more?
    (or probably a map in .pdf file that can't be converted to .jpg because of quality issue)
    is it still possible for safari or any pdfviewer to view it?
  3. XyracX

XyracX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If it has only one Page than you should use another programm to view your file.