[Tutorial] How To Use TinyTSS To Host SHSH Files

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ownerofspam, Mar 31, 2010.

1. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch

Please follow all steps in the saving SHSH file thread before reading this:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282684

This thread assumes that you already followed the directions on the other thread exactly as they were posted, and have a renamed SHSH file in the same folder that TinyTSS and Umbrella are in. If you moved your SHSH file, it NEEDS to be in this folder.

NOTE FOR VISTA AND XP USERS: If you receive an error such as "Port 80 is already in use", it could be that IIS is listening to port 80 for HTTP requests. Try stopping IIS by going into Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Internet Information Services, right-clicking on Default Web Site, and click on the Stop option in the popup menu. Try running TinyTSS again.

Step 1: Rename your Hosts File

If you've ever changed your hosts file to go to saurik's server, you know where it is, for XP users that want to copypasta, it's located in:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

Open up Hosts in notepad... and type this:
    127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

Heres what mine looks like, I have Sauriks with a # in front so it doesn't get directed.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Step 2: Opening TinyTSS
    Make sure you have read the entire forewarning to this, because your .shsh file and tinytss.exe NEED to be in the same folder.
    Download the .zip I have attached to this post, and do as it says. Just input the directory of the two, and the exact name of the SHSH. I made it easy for you guys tonight.

And you are now broadcasting your SHSH file and if you restore that that firmware in iTunes normally, it should run!

If you need more help or you think of things that could be explained better in this thread, please leave it in a comment.

Attached Files:

2. Dumbledore

Dumbledore Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    "Could not start service on port 80: Either you aren't admin or you have something running on 80!"

any solutions to this?

P.S. I'm the administrator, and using windows 7)
  3. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    There is a chance that you have another program that is running on port 80, that has been known to cause issues with TinyTSS.

To check, open command prompt and type the following Command:

netstat -o -n -a | findstr 0.0:80

If you get a result like this:
    TCP 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 8704

Then something is running. You can usually use the PID number (last number, 8704 in this case) to match it up with one in task manager to close it. If you are still having problems figuring out what program it is try this in command prompt:

telnet localhost 80

That might give you the application name, unsure though.

Hope I helped!
  4. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sorry to bring up a week old thread, but I do a bit of CMD work..
    Anyways, try right clicking CMD.EXE (for Windows 7), and running as an Administrator

Or I believe it's Ctrl + Shift + Enter to run it through a shortcut as administrator.
  5. Mathwiz97

Mathwiz97 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Whenever I try to restore I get error 3001 (A network error)
  6. mr.yak1

mr.yak1 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    same thing here...at first I tried to restore in recovery mode - popped up error 3001, in normal mode - error 3002, and then in DFU mode - error 28

i dont know what to do

7. ChasingDreams

ChasingDreams New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    OKAY, I did everything, got tinytss to host my SHSH files, but when I tried to downgrade I got this error message:

"The iPod "iPod" cannot be restored at this time because the iPod software update server cannot be contacted or is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

What am I doing wrong?
  8. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You saved as 3.1.3 and you're trying to restore to 3.1.2?
    If so, you can't. Saving the SHSH is saving your current OS.
    Now, if you had saved a 3.1.2 and you're trying to downgrade back to 3.1.2 (If you updated to 3.1.3), then I don't know.
  9. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Math and Mr. Yak,
    What OS system are you using? Also, when you restore in iTunes does the tinytss window look like it's spewing out information?
  10. iCeD00D

iCeD00D New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Just out of curiosity, if you have your shsh files already saved locally, couldn't you just hit the SHIFT+RTCLICK on the iTunes restore button and select your shsh files there? This way your not mucking around with your host table? Just a thought...