Tutorial - How to transfer ipod songs to iTunes!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mariape, Oct 31, 2008.

1. mariape

mariape New Member

As I spent over 6 hours trying to find out how to transfer my ipod songs to my new PC, I thought it would be a good idea to make a tutorial for those who wonder how the hell can we take our music and playlists from our ipods and put them back on itunes!!!!

As you know, iTunes doesn't let you transfer your iPod songs back to your computer, so whenever your computer crashes down, or when you buy a new iPod or PC, there is no way of adding your iPod data back to iTunes! Between you and me, Apple could have made it easier to transfer songs back to your hard drive....but there is a third party application called CopyTrans that can do this for you. And if you don't want to spend hours re-ripping all your songs (in my case, I have over 6000), you might want to try it.

It can import all ipod songs, playlists, ratings, artworks, podcasts etc. bac to your pc.

This is how you can restore your iTunes library from your iPod:

1) Download the app from here, install it on your PC. then, connect your iPod, iPhone or iTouch.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2) Select the songs and playlists that you want to backup to iTunes, (remember that you can also backup videos, podcasts, ratings, play counts, etc) and hit the "Backup to iTunes" button

3) A window pops up to show you the copying and importation process.

4) Once the backup is complete, the summary shows you all the details of the backup.

Well, this is pretty much it.

You can find out more about this or other applications like this by reading this article
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ... and a quick, free application of similar capabilities for OS X is Senuti.
  3. rye10516

rye10516 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  4. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

5. MrCrawley

MrCrawley New Member

according to god :"Only wimps use backup. Real men just upload their important stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it." LOL nice tut
  6. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ... i use winscp. find the music files. copy to one folder to an external HD. then open itunes. and add folder. find folder. then bam...

estimated time. [1 hour with out movies and videos]
  7. mariape

mariape New Member