[Tutorial] how to get back the earlier version of an App Store application

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by sprint_user, Sep 8, 2008.

1. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    [Tutorial] how to get back the earlier version of an App Store app (and free HD mem.)

I was just browsing in my documents and I found the older versions of some apps that got updated. On a PC they are located in

C:\Documents and Settings\your name\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications

(I have know idea were it is found on a mac cuase I dont own a mac, if someone could clarify this for me that would be great)

Just in case you dont like the new update of an app. Lets say for example you want the first version of monkey ball or something. There will be MonkeyBall, Monkeyball2, and Monkeyball3, Now I dont know which ones which but if I had to guess I would say that the eailiest version would be the plain MonkeyBall so that the appstore can recgonize it. I dont know why anyone would want an earier version of an app but lets just say they came out with a big update you dont like.....well.....here you go.

Just thought id help some people

Please Register or Log in to view images

UPDATE: this will also help you free HD space if you delete previous versions on the application! (pointed out by rileyman)
  2. rileyman

rileyman Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    also delete old updates if your runnin low on memory

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    yes thank you, I will add that in