[Tutorial] how to download and view .avi,.wmv files and more on ipod touch.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by supergirl13, Feb 6, 2009.

1. supergirl13

supergirl13 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hi there. here's a tutorial on how to view video files on ipod touch without having to convert and being able to download on the go.

Things you will need:
    Jailbroken ipod touch on 2x firmware
    Cydia
    Mplayer
    Mobile finder
    Diskaid
    Dtunes and safari download plug in.
    /private/var/media folder

First,you need to have your ipod touch jailbroken on the 2x firmware. Go to cydia and install mplayer,mobile finder,dtunes and safari download plugin.

Second,go to your pc or mac and download diskaid. Here’s the link to that: http://www.digidna.net/diskaid/. Then plug your ipod touch into your computer via usb cable.

Third, once you are in diskaid, go to the root folder by scrolling down on the bottom. Once you are in the root folder go to /private/var and create a new folder called media with a lowercase m.

Fourth,then go back to your ipod touch and go into the mobile finder app. Tap on the settings button and scroll down until you see the file system access. Tap on.

5th, then go to /private/var and highlight the media folder. Then,tap the create button and click bookmark. Then click the apple button and go into the bookmarks folder and there you go! There’s the symlink part.

6th then go to safari on ipod touch and go to your favorite website that has you favorite movies or tv shows to download and click the link to the download and wait for it to load up. Then,click download. After it’s done downloading go into mobile finder.

7th,then click the ~ button and go into the library folder. Then scroll down and go into downloads. Then,highlight the downloaded file and tap the file button and click copy.

8th then go into the bookmarks folder and go to media. Then in the media folder tap file and then tap paste. And there you go.

9th now,open the mplayer app and you should see the file and click the file to play it and enjoy!

I hope this helps some people that are tired of converting videos and would like to be able to download the files wherever they go!

Please Register or Log in to view images

enjoy!
  2. mjsn

mjsn New Member

i did everything but my mplayer i click on it and it just closes. it seems that is doesnt download correctly i tried again and happens the same thing i click on mplayer and it just closes again
  3. Screamworks

Screamworks Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Discussion of dTunes is NOT allowed as it is a pirated media application.
    Discussion of illegal/pirated material is strictly forbidden on this site. Please read the rules before posting.
  4. Radam

Radam New Member

Huh? what are u talking about. There are loads of other posts mentioning dTunes. dTunes can be used just to play media files that are downloaded or ssh'd into the ipod touch. Not many people would use it for illegal activity...
  5. Screamworks

Screamworks Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Tru...But if you only downloaded it for that, I ask, why not use one of the hundreds of other music players that dont have the ability to download pirated material?....

HA! You HAVE to be JOKING!
  6. Awesome

Awesome Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Since mobilefinder doesn't work on 3.0 it won't work.

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    i use dtunes to unzip and view files in my downloads folder, it does depend on what you use it for, you can't blame someone for something illegal unless it is copyrighted material that you would have to pay for.
  7. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Dude, chill the f*** out.
    The app is legal, just cos it lets you download music/*******s doesnt make it illegal.
  8. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Use iFile, it's way better than MobileFinder and works perfectly on 3.0.
  9. iceman58796

iceman58796 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    This makes absolutely no sense. This would make gps4iphone, nes4iphone etc pirated apps, seeing as they allow you to play illegal roms.
  10. pandaman2300

pandaman2300 Banned

he is just trying to be a hero. let the mods deal with it if they find it inappropriate.

and besides, that also means that Safari would be illegal too becuase it can download files. and not all *******s are illegal. Face it, you dont have a strong standing point.