[tutorial] How to create custom themes without a computer

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by ipodtouch2guser, Jul 14, 2009.

1. ipodtouch2guser

ipodtouch2guser Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ok so I'll tell u know to create custom themes for your springboard without needing a computer all u need is iFile and Winterboard from cydia and Photogene from the AppStore and maybe sketches from the app store.
    I have videos on how to do this I'll post them once I figure out how to post them without a computer

1. First decide what type of theme you want (ex. Ocean theme)
    2. Go into Safari and save picture that you want as your wallpaper and your icons
    3. To do an icon follow these steps
    -go into photogene and find your picture you saved
    -use the crop button in the top left and crop the portion you want as your icon, crop it to the size of the icon u want I recomend 59 by 59 (it tells you the size you are cropping to.
    -once cropped hit the icon that Lois like a picture icon (it's the 4from the bottom) then chose the shape of your icon then choose the color of the icon backround then the shadow
    -once you do that you should see that it looks like a normal icon if not then u did something wrong
    -then save the picture
    -go into iFile and go to var/mobile/Media/DCIM and go to Apple100 but urs might be different but I'll figure that out
    -find your picture in hat folder (most likely it'll be the last one)
    -copy the picture and then go to var/stash/Themes.... And create a new theme name it whatever you want (make sure it's a folde not a file) and in that new theme folder create a new folder called Icons and then paste the picture u made in that Icons folder
    -rename the file from IMG_0....to whatever icon you want it to be and put .png at the end.(ex. Safari.png)
    -now your done and u can activate it in winterboard

To make a wallpaper follow these steps
    -find any photo either of safari or someelse and save it to your photos
    -go into photogene and crop that same photo to 320 by 480
    -save it and then follow the same steps as above except wen you get to the name
    -u have to rename this photo to Wallpaper.png and you put it in the themes main folder not the Icons folder
    -for lockscreens u name it to Lockbackground.png and put it in the main folder

I added a screenshot of some of the icons i madde on my ipod without a computer the gpSPhone, Apps ,Games and Tools and Photoshop icons were all made this way

Please Register or Log in to view images

Attached Files:

2. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i was gona make a guide on how to do this exact thing! i got ifile and started messing around with it and found out how to edit and make custom themes. you can also just google an image name like "bottombarknobgray" and save images from google then put them in the correct theme folder and have yourself a new slider image from the internet.
  3. ipodtouch2guser

ipodtouch2guser Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Nice haha I'll try that too