[Tutorial] Get Mail, maps and weather on iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by skinnny101, Jan 4, 2008.

1. skinnny101

skinnny101 New Member

This may have been covered but i couldn't find it on this site when i searched for it so I'll post it.

This will show you how to get Mail, Maps, Stocks, Notes and weather onto your iPod touch.

1. Go into installer and click sources, click edit and then click add. Add this source and press ok:
    Code:
    http://applerepo.com
    2. Let it refresh sources, when it is done click install and go down to iPhone 1.1.1 apps or if you are on 1.1.2 then go to iPhone 1.1.2 apps.

3. If you want to install Mail or Maps then install the Prep application first. Then install the apps you want. Don't write Google maps off too fast either, i diddn't think it would be all that great without it being a phone but the thing is great and you can load the directions before you go meaning you don't have to be on the wireless network to use it on the road.

4. Reboot the iPod. In Preferences/Settings there will now a Mail settings thing (where the settings for Safari etc are). You can play around with that a bit.

Works perfectly on my iPod Touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. rawb

rawb Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    works great / thank you very much

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. skinnny101

skinnny101 New Member

Kool, i helped someone, now nobody can flame me because it has already been posted before (if it has) because i helped someone. I don't think it has been posted before but it just seems too odd not to have been posted by somebody by now.
  4. deveelx

deveelx New Member

5. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)