[Tutorial] Fix Cydia Reorganizing (Semi Tether Windows)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by dancool999, Feb 12, 2009.

1. dancool999

dancool999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    For all Windows people trying to semi-tether.

Cydia will not work properly due to some kind of error while creating your custom ispw through xpwn. I am looking at an easier way of executing this but here are the steps to make it work:

WARNING MAKE SURE YOU COMPLETE ALL STEPS, ESPECIALLY STEP 6. DO NOT TURN OFF/REBOOT iPOD WITHOUT COMPLETING STEP 6. or you will have to restore and rejailbreak. Also please make sure you know how to use SSH and skipping or missing a step will cause you to restore.

1) Semi-Tether Jailbreak using this tutorial. Make sure to install Installer.

2) Boot your ipod into Jailbroken mode. Open installer and install community sources. Now install OpenSSH.

3) Open WinScp and SSH into your ipod. Navigate to /usr/lib/ and find the file
    "libgcc_s.1.dylib". Rename it "backup_libgcc_s.1.dylib" but dont delete or move it.

4) Now download this old lib file

5) Copy it through SSH into the usr/lib/ directory. CHMOD the file and set permissions to 777.

6) Run Cydia, it should now really reorganize and respring. Open Cydia and it will boot normally. NOW MAKE SURE to go back and delete the libgcc_s.1.dylib file after cydia works. Now rename "backup_libgcc_s.1.dylib" to "libgcc_s.1.dylib"

Now you have working Cydia on your ipod, if you mess up the file you may be unable to boot in normal mode.
  2. mafi0z

mafi0z New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  3. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Wow thanks dude. Will try in a minute. Oh could you post the chmod command
  4. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry if this question has already been asked somewhere but how do you fix the Winterboard problem?
  5. dancool999

dancool999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just right click in properties using WINSCP and change permissions to 777.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Please look up what Musclenerd said in a post in the official Semi-Jailbreak thread. Details are in there.
  6. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Oh ok thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. bmcj

bmcj New Member

this is interesting; have you tried making the cydia.tar file with this inside there instead of the other lib?
  8. m0x00r

m0x00r New Member

Hmm i put the new file in the directory but when i wnated to run cydia it doesn't work so i reboot the ipod and now he don't want to start again correctly i've only the apple logo and i can't do anything anyone have a solution ? =(
  9. dancool999

dancool999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Noo do not reboot if you did not follow the step in BOLD WRITING. Now reboot your ipod into DFU mode and run tether and fix this.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Tryed it same exact file

10. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Umm after step 6 do I need to reboot or just let it respring and ssh into it before opening up cydia again