(tutorial)Download music to your ipod and Import to itunes WITHOUT a computer

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by dirty bird, Feb 17, 2008.

1. dirty bird

dirty bird New Member

Well I know its probably old new's but i figured id make a turtorial to help people do this.

Doing this will allow you to play the music you have downloaded in the regular ipod music player

Step 1. First you will need a jailbroken ipod (I have 1.1.3 so it works)

Step 2. You will need the safari download plugin found in installer (for 1.1.3 i used 1.1.2 works fine) homepage.mac.com/hartsteins/copycoders/copycoders.xml

Step 3. Now you are ready to download music (a good site is www.seeqpod.com)

Step 4. After downloading music you will notice that you cant play it. Well thats because its located in a file called Downloads. Now theres two ways of playing your newly downloaded music. (read this whole step to see which method would suit you best)

FIRSTWAY _________________
    if you don't care about it being played in the normal music player you can see my other tread. http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39996&highlight=%28tutorial%29+download+music
    I will warn you this way you will have to stay in that window, (you will not be able to do things like search the web, also after one song ends you will have to click the next)

SECONDWAY________________
    This is the way that lets you play it through the normal ipod music player.

Step 1. you will have to get an app called MNPlight the source for this is -- movenplay.gforge.inria.fr/iphone
    Step 2. You might NOT have to do this step so check first GOTO this new app called MNPlight and it will launch a safari site this is normal. next click preferences and make sure your FireWire GUID is filled out IF NOT then you will have to plug your ipod into your computer and go into your device manager from the system icon on your computer. Now find your ipod left click and find pereferences the GUID will be the first 16 characters after the second /

NOTE: I DID NOT have to do this step so you probably wont either

Step 3. Now that you have done this goto the files icon on the site it takes you to (the same one you went to preferences to check if your GUID was filled out)

Step 4. After going to files click the downloads file. Now to import songs to Itunes without a computer Click "import songs" near the top Now this part is going to take a couple of minutes depending on how many songs are going to be imported for 10 its around 2 - 3 minutes

Step 5. Now you can goto your music and enjoy. =)

I am not liable for anyones messed up ipod For more help visit http://movenplay.gforge.inria.fr
    or messege me
    1 person likes this.
  2. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i'm so confused,,,, u say "import songs to itunes from ipod"..... what good does that do, i dont think that was a very good tutorial at all...
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Good guide; I'm trying it out now.
  4. lilbrzboi

lilbrzboi New Member

thanks for tutorial
    but im trying to find the safari plugin in installer, wuts the name
  5. dirty bird

dirty bird New Member

This allows you to play music through the regular music player and not the send file app. This is accually very usefull it allows you to turn your touch to standby mode and still listen to your music and all of the other good things the regular player has to offer. and when i say inport to itunes i mean import them into your itunes folder as the 4 character file name so that the normal ipod touch music player can play it.
  6. dirty bird

dirty bird New Member

For the safari plugin The source i used is homepage.mac.com/hartsteins/copycoders/copycoders.xml
  7. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Could you double check the source for the MNPlight.app or whatever? I've typed it in a few times and its just been uncategorized. Maybe I'm making mistakes cuz I'm tired, but could you read it over.
  8. dirty bird

dirty bird New Member

9. thebamboozle

thebamboozle New Member

works perfectly! Thanks! Great tutorial!
  10. mombopete

mombopete Member

Will this work on a 16gb 1.1.3 Touch? I don't want to mess anything up.