(tutorial) download music and play it WITHOUT a computer!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by dirty bird, Feb 16, 2008.

1. dirty bird

dirty bird New Member

OK where to start.

Step 1. Make sure you have a jailbroken ipod (this does work on 1.1.3 because thats what i use)

Step 2. You will need to install The Safari Download plugin (for 1.1.3 i installed 1.1.2
    version of the plugin and it seems to work fine.) From installer SOURCE homepage.mac.com/hartsteins/copycoders/copycoders.xml

Step 3. Next you will need to install the Netservices and Sendfile apps again from installer

Step 4. Goto the netservices app and under Add-Ons you will Find "file share plug-in" Turn it ON

Step 5. You are ready for downloading Goto Safari and goto www.seeqpod.com now find the song you would like and download it. (its relitively fast for me about 30 secounds a sond)

Step 6. To play music goto the Sendfile app and there you will find your songs you have downloadedall you have to do is click to play audio

Step 7. If you don't like how the name is you can Download the MobileFinder app again from the installer and then to change the name goto the finder app Next goto the "downloads" file. Here is all of your music you have downloaded. to edit tap the file then tap modify. Next tap file name and rename NOTE: Make sure to keep the .mp3 at the end. Also to turn up and down volume double tap the Home button

Step 8. To delete files goto the finder and instead of taping "modify" tap "file" then "delete"

NOTE: I have only tested this with 1.1.3 so im not responsible for anything that may go wrong Also im sorry about the blurry pics camera phone =(

Attached Files:

2. dirty bird

dirty bird New Member

I thought i would put it all together in a simple manner for people
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

4. dirty bird

dirty bird New Member

That video is pretty complex Plus it shows you need a computer This way you can do it completely computer Free
  5. x6blues

x6blues New Member

its not really complex. also in another thread, http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15756&highlight=download .mp3 seeqpod, it mention sendfile being modded, so has the one in installer been updated? either way it is known info, plus the files in the utube vid gives the ability to download and change the filename without the use of finder, which is basically mobile cuteftp pretty much. btw ill be deleting my above post, they dont really help and lack of substance

Please Register or Log in to view images

also, it the safari plug-in is known so this just backs up my argument of this known information
  6. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Perhaps you want to include the source for the download plugin. Good guide, all in all.
  7. Poopymath

Poopymath New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  8. x6blues

x6blues New Member

wutever, with ur guide add about how on 1.1.3 the setting werent being saved. they need to run these commands,
    cd /
    chmod +s /Applications/NetServices.app/NetServices
    chown -R root:wheel /Applications/NetServices.app/NetServices

I'm still saying this is known information and a redundant thread but wutever
  9. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

It depends what plugin u use that determines if it will work on your specific firmware version.....
  10. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I merged your two threads together. You don't need to post the same thing twice.