[Tutorial] CyWood GUI Jailbreak Program And Troubleshooting Tips and More [Tutorial]

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by bloga, Feb 9, 2009.

1. bloga

bloga Member

Hey guys,
    i decided to make this tutorial because many people have had problems jail breaking there iPod touches 2G with this program and believe me... ive gone through almost every possible problem with this program so here is an Extremely Detailed Guide on how to use CyWoods GUI Jail breaking program which is so far the best i have seen.

Requirements:
    -Windows OS any 32 Bit /Xp/Vista/7
    -iPod Touch Running 2.2.1 Firmware
    -Windows C++
    -A spare USB Port
    -A Knowledgeable understanding of your iPod Touch 2G

Tutorial... Follow Carefully
    1) Connect Your iPod Touch 2G to your computer and close iTunes if its open

2) If not already done open up the CyWood GUI Program and install LIBUSB and the new C++ Pack for Windows

3) Move on to step 2 of the CGP (Cywood GUI Program) and create the Jailbreak.ipsw

4) Turn you iPod Touch off by holding the sleep button for 5 seconds and slide off. After you have completed this step hold the sleep button and the home button for 10 seconds. you may see a USB is disconnected sign on your toolbar. Now release the sleep button and hold the home button until you here the sound on your PC saying a USB device is connected

Please Register or Log in to view images

5) click the button that says upload DFU. After completed unplug your ipod from your computer for 2 seconds then replug... you should see a white screen, after you see the white screen upload the own patch by clicking on the button. this is a short cmd prompt screen so dont worry about anything... chances are if you see the white screen and you pressed the button you did it rite.

6) next step asks you to press the button and right click>paste the info dont worry you dont need to copy anything... after that you open itunes and hold shift + left click and navigate to the jailbreak.ipsw file created earlier. applying the update will take some time so go watch tv or something productive

7) After you have completed the update for your iPod close iTunes then go to the next step and put your iPod into DFU mode again by repeating the steps shown above. after your in DFU apply the patch and then unplug your iPod touch for 2 seconds and reconnect.

8) some people get confused seeing the proceed to step 4... IGNORE THIS PROCEED RIGHT TO STEP 6 now step 6 is just another pasting session so nothing to complicated

9) now after you have completed step 6 go to step 7 and what i do is ignore the top... dont worry about it... just click the buttons on the side... now wat u wanna do for these buttons is click the first one then for the second one click it and a command prompt screen will appear. all you have to do is type go then press enter then your computer will make the sound of a USB being disconnected then reconnected. after you have typed go type in /exit. now clcik the third button and then after the command prompt window closes click the fourth button and type go then press enter and then /exit then enter

CONGRATULATIONS ONCE THE IPOD REBOOTS YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY JAILBROKE YOUR IPOD TOUCH 2G!!!!

Restoring your iPod in case you screw up
    -Put your iPod into DFU mode
    -Open iTunes and shift+left click the restore button on itunes and navigate to the spot where you have downloaded 2.1.1-iPodRestore.ipsw (if you dont have it downloaded you can find it on this site somewhere or you can google it)
    -after you have completely restored on your iPod goto settings>general>reset>reset all
    -for some reason if you dont do this it wont let your iPod update and thus not allowing you to jailbreak it
    -after you have reset all update to 2.2.1 and follow the instructions from 3-7 on the GUI or 4-9 on my tutorial.

Resetting your jailbroken iPod Touch 2G
    -To Reset Your iPod Just Follow Steps 5,6 and 7 in the CGP or 7,8 and 9 in my tutorial

Troubleshooting

Q: My ipod wont show the white screen
    A: Make Sure Your iPod is IN DFU MODE and if your not sure open itunes and it will say something about your ipod being in recovery mode if so then restore your ipod to its original settings by following the steps above

Q: My ipod gets an error code like 1604 or somewhere along those lines
    A: Restore it

Q: How come i get the "iPod/iPhone not detected" statement in command prompt
    A: You have to make sure iTunes is not open at all and when it is make sure its only open for the necessary parts needed

Helpful/Fun Applications Available Through Cydia
    -OpenSSH & ToggleSSH *Allows you to SSH to your iPod using a program like winscp
    -Backgrounder *Allows you to run applications in the background
    -gUICache *Allows you to reboot your springboard incase some apps downloaded dont appear on the springboard
    -Winterboard *Must Restart Ipod... Allows you to put custom themes on your ipod
    -Macman *a somewhat Copy of pacman
    -gpSPiPhone * GBA Emulator for your iPod Touch
    -NES *NES emulator for your iPod Touch
    -snesiPhone *SNES emulator for your iPod Touch
    -TRIS * a Copy of Tetris
    -OSU! * a Confusing but fun application once you understand it

Putting NES,SNES,GBA roms on your iPod Touch
    -NOT MY VIDEO BUT ITS A GOOD TUTORIAL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esBtGCrhNLM

Forum Links:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141302&highlight=installer

All credits go to Cyw00d for making the best GUI that works so well and is so simple to use
  2. mrxkenny

mrxkenny Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Nice tuts. Tho I have already sucessfully jailbroken mine

oh btw: whats that theme you have on ur iphone?
  3. smith7391

smith7391 New Member

Ipod touch 2nd gen

I have uploaded the jailbroken software using Shift+Left click on restore and now my ipod is off... the next step is going into DFU mode again........ My ipod is 100% non-responsive. I try doing it over and over again but all i get is "USB device not recognized'

What should i do?
  4. Xandan

Xandan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Put it into DFU mode??....
  5. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    that IS in DFU mode. your screen will be dark.. the usb not recognized is windows saying.. i see something, but i dont know what it is...

now you upload the DFU (step 4 i think?) then do the unplug for 2 seconds and plug back in, screen should go white. if not, try unplugging for longer (like 10 seconds) still if no good, try setting it in the DFU mode again, then do the upload DFU again.
  6. kenziejugler

kenziejugler New Member

So does the link provide everything we will need for the jailbreak?
  7. iScorp

iScorp Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nice guide but you might want to add that if you are on vista you should install libusb windows xp sp 2 compatible.
  8. kenziejugler

kenziejugler New Member

Another question sorry

But, I don't need to download a 2.1.1 firmware, just have the 2.2.1 firmware on my computer and ipod?
  9. cooliobunny

cooliobunny New Member

hey i had mine jailbroken and it froze while i was downloading a file on cydia so i restored it to 2.2.1 because i couldnt do anything else and now when i try to upload the custom firmware in itunes i get the error 1601 or 1604 any advice you can also post on this thread i started about it http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145165 please help me!!!
  10. sowhatu

sowhatu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    EDIT::

i'm a complete and TOTAL N00B!!!

i fracked up even before i started..

in step #2.. i DIDNT select restore ispw..... and i DIDNT even patch it....
    for the 5 times i tried JB it, all i was doing was kept putting OFW on it.

common... laugh at me... i deserve it.

now it works, got cydia and installer on it.