[tutorial] Connect Your Ipod To Cuteftp

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by smoogs12, Feb 4, 2008.

1. smoogs12

smoogs12 New Member

this will show you how to set up a connection to your ipod in cuteftp.

What you need:
    Full version of Cuteftp pro
    wireless internet
    Services (download it in the installer)

when you open up cute ftp got to file, new, and then click SFTP (SSH2). the pic below will show you what i'm talking about. it shows up really bad quality for some reason but you should still be able to make it out.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Now you should see a window like this

in the host address you are going to type in your ipod's IP address

if you don't know where to find this, you go in to your ipods settings and click wifi. now you click on the little blue button next to the wireless net work your on.

now if you dont know what your looking for you want to type in the circled number into the host address box.

alright so now in the box that says username you type in: "root" exactly like that execpt with out the "" obviously.

next for where it says password you type in: "alpine" again without the ""

you can just forget about the comment and login method things you can put a label if you want to.

now just hit connect and it should connect you to your ipod. if it doesn't work the first time just try making a new connection again that usually works. enjoy and hope you found this helpful. if i forgot anything feel free to let me know. also i you could plaese visit my forum the links in my sig. thanks for reading this you guys!
  2. Addek

Addek New Member

Thank you so much. I have watched so many videos on youtube and I read your little post and everything works out perfect. GENIUS! [=