[tutorial] Backgrounds for Apple 2.0 firmware ( how to)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by treblruh, Jul 28, 2008.

1. treblruh

treblruh New Member

Right so i read a post somwhere about doing this, i used it sucsessfully after my friend found where the backgrounds go on the template. and then i cant remmeber where it was. not trying to steal his credit, just spreading the word

Please Register or Log in to view images

all this is technically is replacing an icon with a giant template that you put your backgrounds onto(see screenshot)

START: You will first need to download a cydia app that you dont need to use, and that shows up as an icon( i recommend iReboot, or even tivo remote ). THIS ICON WILL NEED TO BE IN THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER OF THE FIRST PAGE THIS TEMPLATE TO WORK.

Left Corner:

after downloading this app you will need to use this template(below i counldnt find a way to host it other then image shack, so you will have to click and make sure to enlarge before saving.) to make your wallpaper. any background from summer board will work just resize it to 325x399 pixles in photoshop. my template has the "shelves" background just to show your where it goes. (BACKGROUND WILL ONLY APPEAR FOR 3 PAGES)

Template:http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3386/wholetemplatein7.png

here is a screen shot of the action, the template is VERY big it needs to be to have your backgrounds show up right.

ENDING: right so after to open the tempalte and drag your 325x399 background into the 3 spots, save it as a png. name it what you want, but it will need to be names "icon.png" to replace the one in the application.

open up winscp and turn ssh on iphone on.

go to like /private/var/stash/Applications.i8kacE or through the top you can go straight to applications.

open your useless cydia app(iReboot in my case)

then drag your new background named "icon.png" into the desired apps folder. you will want to overwrite and replace.

whalla respring and you have iphone with background.(but wait i have no icons) hold a button on the dock until things start shaking then push where the icons are supposed to be and they will pop back through. There is an invisible app where your useless cydia one was, it still works.

special thanks to the template modder steven(wayward_captain) and the starter(not sure who dont remember)

as soon as my computer stops acting stupid i will post some pictures of the theme i have on my 3g. mixture of neon and the shelves

if you have any questions or comments email me at treblruh@gmail.com ill try to help when i have time.
  2. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i beleive there was already a guide on this, but i might be wrong.
  3. treblruh

treblruh New Member

im pretty sure there is i couldnt find it again though.

so hoping this will help. and my friend found where the backgrounds fit on the template. the one i saw didnt have that.
  4. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    very nice.
  5. treblruh

treblruh New Member

should i post this somwhere else or is this the right spot for it?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    tnx

------------------double post merged------------------
    here is the theme i put on my 3G