Tutorial: Add covers to your songs

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 1pod_us3r, Oct 27, 2007.

1. 1pod_us3r

1pod_us3r New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok I have seen many people use limewire or some other sites that dont have cover art when you download the songs....

Well I have a solution.

Thing you need first:
    First, make sure that your Album Art area is visible in iTunes. This is the small square area in the bottom left of iTunes window. If it is not visible, press the fourth button from the left in the bottom left corner.

Here is what it looks like-

Please Register or Log in to view images

Ok now select the song that you’d like to add album art to.

Easiest Ways to get images:

Option 1-

1. If you have a scanned image as a file on your hard drive, simply drag it into the Album Art area from Windows Explorer/Firefox (PC) or the Finder (Mac).

2. If you do not have the image on your computer, search for it on the internet. I use http://www.amazon.com for my Album Art. On Amazon, search for the album you’d like, and click on “see larger picture” for a suitable image file.

*Note that if you are acquiring your images from the web, you do NOT need to save the image to your hard disk. Simply drag the image from your web browser into the iTunes Album Art area.

Here is an example:
    I want to add album picture to Kanye West- Stronger

You just drag the image with your mouse.

Result-

Now go test it out.

Sorry for the not so high quality images... they are jpeg

Option 2-

If you do not wish to add album art using the drag-and-drop method, you may do the following to add album art from a pop-up file browser window.

1. Right-click (command-click on the Mac) on a track (or tracks) and select “Get Info.”
    2. Open the “Artwork” tab.
    3. Click the “Add...” button.

Option 3-(Thanks to ohdarlingx)

"The copy and paste"
    - Right Click The Image You Want and select "copy".
    -Then right click were the album picture goes and "paste" it.

Option 4-(Thanks to
    Mouse212)

"This will work only if you have an iTunes account (I do, but I tend to use bit******* and Limewire for downloads) AND the song is available to purchase from the iTunes store.

1. Open the song up in iTunes and select it using your mouse so that it becomes highlighted (see attached file "itunesartwork2" - smaller one)
    2. Make sure the album name field is blank
    3. Click the arrow to the right of the song name to find the song in the iTunes store (note, you will need to have this enabled in Edit > Preferences > General - see attached file "itunes artwork1" - larger one)
    4. This should bring up the song and the album it is on in the itunes store, provided it is available there. For example, if I searched for the song "She's a rainbow" by the Rolling Stones, itunes would show me the song is on the album "Forty Licks".
    5. Go back to the song in your itunes library and enter the name of the album in the album field
    6. Right-click the song and left-click "Get Album Artwork". Provided you have an itunes account, itunes will get the album artwork and copy it to the song, and you're away!

I personally find this option slightly easier as it does not require me to go outside itunes and also helps me correct the album name of my track in the process. However, it does suffer from the requirement of the itunes store availability and account. If the itunes store did not have the song, I would then find the correct artwork on the internet and copy & paste it to the appropriate track (option 3)."

Screenshots Of Option 4-

-----------------------------------------------------------

Any way you do it will get same result.

Thanks for looking at my guide...
  2. 1pod_us3r

1pod_us3r New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If something goes wrong for you guys just post here or pm me...
  3. ohdarlingx

ohdarlingx Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  4. 1pod_us3r

1pod_us3r New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks I updated it

5. its.joesef

its.joesef New Member

wow...you made that seem way too complicated.

just search in google images the album name, find a pic, and copy it to itunes.
  6. Mouse212

Mouse212 New Member

Option 4

This will work only if you have an iTunes account (I do, but I tend to use bit******* and Limewire for downloads) AND the song is available to purchase from the iTunes store.

1. Open the song up in iTunes and select it using your mouse so that it becomes highlighted (see attached file "itunesartwork2" - smaller one)
    2. Make sure the album name field is blank
    3. Click the arrow to the right of the song name to find the song in the iTunes store (note, you will need to have this enabled in Edit > Preferences > General - see attached file "itunes artwork1" - larger one)
    4. This should bring up the song and the album it is on in the itunes store, provided it is available there. For example, if I searched for the song "She's a rainbow" by the Rolling Stones, itunes would show me the song is on the album "Forty Licks".
    5. Go back to the song in your itunes library and enter the name of the album in the album field
    6. Right-click the song and left-click "Get Album Artwork". Provided you have an itunes account, itunes will get the album artwork and copy it to the song, and you're away!

I personally find this option slightly easier as it does not require me to go outside itunes and also helps me correct the album name of my track in the process. However, it does suffer from the requirement of the itunes store availability and account. If the itunes store did not have the song, I would then find the correct artwork on the internet and copy & paste it to the appropriate track (option 3).

Attached Files:

7. 1pod_us3r

1pod_us3r New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Added Option 4 Thanks...
  8. optikalefx

optikalefx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    wow guys...

I have MUCH EASIER way.
    even easier than google

just click itunes store and search your song
    when the image shows up, just hit apple + shift + 4 and just draw a rectange around the image there, drag it onto the artwork spot

you get the exact image itunes would use.

of course if your not on a mac, then you should get one. otherwise go get a free quick screen cap program which you SHOULD have anyone, they come in handy so much in life.
  9. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

But that's only if the album is in the iTunes store. What about those Japanese bands I have that are not on iTunes? Amazon or Google FTW.
  10. 1pod_us3r

1pod_us3r New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea that is true...