Turning on and off?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hollisterb, Sep 24, 2010.

1. hollisterb

hollisterb New Member

I have a noobish question -

I recently got the new ipod touch - I use it mainly for the gym listening to music then maybe messing about before I sleep.

My question is, how to use it when it comes to battery life? before i was using the normal ipod and whenever I finished from the gym, I just hold down the play button to make it go off

I've noticed on the touch that...if I hold down the square main push button it doesn't go off...it just kind of goes to sleep or something

But then isn't this draining power if I'm not using it for so long?

Can it be turned off? Or what's the best way to use it in terms of keeping the battery pumped and going instead of on all the time?

Thanks
  2. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i hope this is a joke
    hold the POWER button
    thats what its called that for
    hold the lock button
    slide to power off
  3. hollisterb

hollisterb New Member

4. Psoul

Psoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    hold the power/lock button on the top of your ipod touch and then slide to power off. lol
  5. PwnerJohn

PwnerJohn Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Your post contradicts itself.

"hold the POWER button
    hold the lock button"

And don't be so mean to a person who hasn't had an iPod TOUCH before. He has an iPod, which turns off after holding the play button.

But yeah, on topic: hold the lock button until a screen comes up saying 'Slide to Power Off.' Slide it and it should turn off.

EDIT: The best way to conserve battery is to turn it off. If you don't want to turn it on/off all the time, you could 'lock' it. Just press the lock button, or wait 1 minute or so without usage(music is fine) and it should turn off, unless you have changed the auto-lock time.