turning off the ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Iflo, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Iflo

Iflo New Member

Hey everybody.
    Seems to be a bit stupid question but as it is my first ipod I just don't want to do anything wrong. when do you really switch off yorur touch? because mine is running all the time like a mobile phone for example and i'm just locking it when i'm at school for example and don't use it during the lessons,or when i'm at home using it every 2 hours or something.
  2. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i turn mine off whenever im not using or its not on my dock

its normally on my dock now

been on there for 7 days straight so far

havnt needed it just playing music through it now
  3. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

I almost never turn it off, just lock it, it's been in sleep mode for like 4 days...
    I always turn off when I need to reboot because of some app, other than that, it's always on ^^
  4. Qwakrz

Qwakrz New Member

Mine is usually suspended so that it can wake up every 15m and check email. I do turn it off though (hold sleep button until slide for off apears) after I have used it every night as there is no point collecting email when I will not be there to look at it plus a restart wont do it any harm.
  5. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Heyy you sigged me

Please Register or Log in to view images

I don't know if its bad of good but I'm sigged

6. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Always on (well, suspended, but you know what I mean)

Only powered it off a couple times when installing stuff that needed it to be powered off.

Wifi is off, ssh off unless I am using one or both. I do have email set up, but since I get my email via my windows mobile phone all the time (I know, the horror) I only use the touch email if I'm doing an email run while sorta sleeping - might as well enjoy the larger screen then

No issues with battery life/power. I am pretty sure that's the way its designed to work.
  7. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

Restarting eats your battery, every time you power it on it wastes like 5% of your battery.

Lol... I thought it was funny so I used it on my sig... I can take it off anytime if you want.

kthxbai,
    Joseph
  8. Jess

Jess Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I turn off my iPod Touch when I'm not using it for a couple of days. However, I usually put it to sleep because it's easier to turn it back on.
  9. packerkody

packerkody New Member

um all u do is hold down the top button on the touch for around 10 sec. then it asks you to slide to power off then slide it.........but when u do that i dont think u can charge it at the same time.
  10. ZeRoNiXx

ZeRoNiXx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    mines always on, but i don't think it would affect the iPod Touch that much to turn it off, unless you're worried about the small loss of battery life. i charge mine every night so it doesn't make a difference for me