Turning off the iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BryDeeC, Dec 26, 2007.

1. BryDeeC

BryDeeC New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok when I actually turn off my iPod (holding the power button until the slider comes up), my music has been "reset." I can't really think of a better word, but what I mean is if I had turned of my iPod at a certain point in the song, when i turn my iPod back on the song has been stopped and is no longer on that song at all. This is really hard to explain. So I'll make up a little scenario to try and explain the situation.

Ok, say I'm listening to "Random Song." When I am halfway through the song, I have to get up and do something. I turn off my iPod completely and when I turn my iPod back on and press play, "Random Song" does not start playing from the point I left off on. Instead, the first song in my library (alphabetically) starts playing.

So, is there any way i can prevent this from happening? Because I don't want to have to keep starting my songs over. Any help would be appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

You know, turning completely off your iPod drains your battery hella fast, just Pause and press the Sleep button (the on top) I leave mine in sleep mode all day long and only power down when I won't use it for a extended period of time (3-4 days)

I suggest you put your iPod in sleep mode instead of powering it off, it'll save battery!

Cheers.
  3. DannyDan

DannyDan New Member

Umm...How about just locking the iPod instead of completely turning it off. If you just lock it, by pressing the lock button (little black button on top) instead of holding it, you just have to press the home button to unlock it and resume your music. By turning it off each time, you are just wasting the battery power. And no, I dont believe there is a way to prevent your music from restarting if you turn off your iPod.
  4. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Dont think of turning the ipod off as simply making it sleep...its like restarting a PC, whatever youre doing is lost and it starts over again.
  5. BryDeeC

BryDeeC New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ooooh thanks everybody! I thought only sleeping it would waste my battery! Gosh, I'm such a lame

Thanks a ton! Ok, now I know not to turn it off