iOS 3.1 Turned Ipod off, wont enter DFU mode.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ghost0586, Feb 7, 2010.

1. ghost0586

ghost0586 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My cousin accidentally turned off my jailbroken(2.2.1) ipod touch 2g with the power button/slide turn off. Now my computer won't detect it, and I can't get it into dfu mode. I'm not sure what to do, can anyone help?

Once again, can't get it into dfu mode. Held power/home button for 10sec, then let go of the power button and held the home for another 8 seconds, nothing happens.

I don't hear the ding sound i used to from the computer, its not detected at all.
  2. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Ahh hold the lock button...

On topic: I think u rnt doing dfu right
  3. ghost0586

ghost0586 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm doing DFU the way i always did and it worked before. But ever since the ipod god turned off, i cant get into dfu mode and my computer doesn't detect my ipod at all no matter what usb port its connected to.
  4. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
  5. ghost0586

ghost0586 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I tried what was on that site, still a no go. The ipod doesn't respond, and i never hear the ding sound from the computer that i used to hear before.

Kinda off topic but it seems that the person that wrote the post has the home and power buttons mixed up. Isn't the home button the one in the center, and the power button the one up top?
  6. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    yah. that kinda messed me up too. do you see a black screen? if so, go in a dark room (such as bathroom) and see if the screen is black but lit up. if so, then you are in DFU mode.
  7. ghost0586

ghost0586 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I tried the restroom thing, and its just black. Theres no light what so ever. Its not on at all.... Any other suggestions?