Turn you iPod Touch into a phone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by james444, Aug 26, 2009.

1. james444

james444 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,

I wanted to get some feedback from the iPod Touch community on our new app - Truphone for the iPod Touch.

The new app turns your iPod Touch into a phone, and as well as letting you make free calls to other Truphone users (and many others including Skype®, Google Talk™) it lets you make cheap international calls to mobiles and landlines, and all you need is a set of headphones and a microphone!

You can download the app here --> http://www.truphone.com/applications/devices/ipod/

And i'd really like to know whether this is the kind of app you would consider using, and if you already have, what's good and bad about it.

Thanks,
    James from Truphone
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    I had truphone ages ago. I never liked it. I couldn't call any VOIP service other than another person using truphone, so I wasn't very encouraged to buy credit.
    I think that there are too many VOIP clients at the moment. Skype will always be the most trustworthy for me, I've never properly used anything else.
  3. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm a newb so don't blast me for being wrong if I am..... But from what I've read, most people are pretty happy with Truphone. I wanted it mainly for international calling to US lan or mobile line. It's $0.05 a minute!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

That's unbelievable if you've ever made a call from outside US to the US. Does skype have that capability at that cost? If not, +1 for Truphone.
  4. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ughm.. how about free calling?

Download FRING (App Store)
    Enter in your VOIPStunt credentials.

OH MY GOSH! Free phone calls.
  5. Janptr

Janptr New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Truphone is very very great and I also downloaded it to my Ipod and registered a new account. But havent tried it yet on Ipod because still have no headset with microphone. But been using it at least 2 years already on my Nokia N82 weekly. But could not use same account to my Ipod though.
    Regards
    Janptr
  6. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

............... Soooo you're telling me that FRING can let you make FREE international calls from my iPoT 2G to mobile phones and lanlines???
  7. Jamalp

Jamalp New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thats what i wanna know too sheiit lol^
  8. kalpa11

kalpa11 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey i used voipstunt a while ago which i used with my fring but after a lot of succesful calls (even though i couldn't talk to the people) it stopped calling like when i pressed call it would just hangup after a while why? does it only work for a while?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    also does skype allow calling us landlines for free?
  9. Ranko95

Ranko95 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    google voice is great you should use that! through using grip for iphone and some python scripts i was able to get a grip notification when i got a text!

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ughm.. yah.

Just have the country codes handy.