Turn Off Voice Control

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TechDudeGeorge, May 24, 2010.

1. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

If I do get a iPod Touch 3G. I want to turn Voice Control off since I won't use it much. And i want to use the button combination (Holding down HOME) for ProSwitcher instead. Or a different app. Can I turn it off? And register another app to the home button. Since when I upgrade to 4.0. Then the home button will be registered for both double-tab (Multitasking) and Home press. And I want at least one of the home functions available.

Is it safe too. I heard when you turn it off it makes scrolling on the iPod hard for some reason. Saying you have to use 3 fingers. But when I was using my friends 2G. I could scroll using one finger just fine?!?? Help would be appreciated. Thanks

EDIT: I also want to turn off Voice control too
  2. iamanipoduser

iamanipoduser Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I don't think you can turn voice control off, and you need the earphones to be connected for it to open anyway...And yes, you can change the home button to open to any app you want with activator; I use it for backgrounder. I don't think it is dangerous, but you should look it up first

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    You can do some SSHing and change the voice control to False (That's all I know). It'll turn it off completely.
  4. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    SSH into your iPod Touch and navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ directory.

Edit the K48AP.plist file and change true to false.

5. TechDudeGeorge

So for the easy method. Can I just change it so it activates when I say hold a volume button down instead? Since I would prefer that
  6. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    actually, it will work, i had proswitcher and i made it a short hold because i wanted the double tap for my music. it simply got rid of voice control and proswitcher would activate, so yeah just simply download proswitcher.
  7. TechDudeGeorge

And then can I use activator to change voice control to activate with say only the headphone button or the left volume button?
  8. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    maybe, it depends on the spectrum of the control that you can use, aka maybe the volume buttons may not be available but the slepp, wake button may be.
  9. TechDudeGeorge

Please could someone just quickly try it for me. As I won't get the iPod for a week or so. And my friend's is a 2G.

All I want to know is proof it can be changed. So like a press of the sleep button instead will activate voice control or something else. Thanks in advance if anyone can try.