iOS 4.0 Turn off multitasking

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Elahrairah, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Elahrairah

Elahrairah Member

Is there a way to do this?

Yeah, it's nice, but not all that great. When I listen to Pandora radio, now I have to turn it off, and then go to multitask and turn it off again? What if I just want it to stop right away? Is there a way?

Multitask is not a convenience if you are forced into it, we should be able to chose how to close a program, perhaps by how long you hold the home button, etc.
  2. bondr006

bondr006 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I love the new multitasking. It gives you full control over what you want to leave running and what you want closed. Yes, it's another step.....but so what. I like the control, and wouldn't give up this feature for anything. Apple is finally giving us some control and choice over how we do things on our devices....and people still b*tch, moan, and complain. Some people will never be happy. Go figure.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. rarisgod

rarisgod Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No kidding. This is the single greatest feature that was added in iOS 4.0, and I've heard nothing but complaints. Right now it's a bit of an annoyance, but once all the apps start jumping on the boat it'll be a great feature!
    Honestly, people whined and complained that they wanted multitasking, but now that it's there, everyone wants to get rid of it.
  4. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

Best.... thing.... ever.

And as for holding the home button or whatever, that activates Voice Control. So I don't think that is possible.
  5. Johannes Deegen

Johannes Deegen Community Development

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    its getting better
    twitter and real racing were updated today to support multitasking
    go 4.0!
  6. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ^ You can change what holding the home button down does in Settings>>Activator.
  7. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

That's if you're jailbroken.
  8. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ^ True.
  9. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

Then again, it would still solve his issue. But I think the dev would have to update it first in order for it to work on iOS4.
  10. ipodrosedx

ipodrosedx Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I love the multitasking. It is so great. I was watching a video(from the YouTube application) and I needed to go to Settings for a bit. When I hit the Home button twice it paused the video and I went to Settings. When I got back, I switch over back to the video and it was on where I left off. It didn't start from the beginning! That was pretty cool.

Yeah right now I know it is kinda buggy to some applications. But once everything is updated multitasking will be a breeze.

I love it so far. I guess there are always some people who will complain about it. Just give it time and you will love it as well.

Please Register or Log in to view images