Turn Off Cover Flow?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by whitepod, Oct 26, 2007.

1. whitepod

whitepod New Member

i already posted on this topic but i got closed because i guess the moderator "assumed" i had my question answered or even discussed, i did not. what bothers me about cover flow is not while im sittin it on my desk and such, its when im laying in bed etc. whenver i have to hold it sideways. The worst is in my dlo armband. i can hardly use it when im at the gym. so this is why i ask is there any possibility's that coverflow could be turned off in the future?

Thanks
  2. itouch101

itouch101 New Member

Isn't that like a main function of the iPod? One of its "eye-catchers" ?
  3. whitepod

whitepod New Member

just because its and "Eye Catcher" doesn't mean its most effective and easy to use. i didn't get it so people would say "hey is that an iphone" and say how cool it is. i got it becuase i wanted a multimedia device with web.
  4. itouch101

itouch101 New Member

Hmm.. oh well.. I get annoyed sometimes but.. its a simple turn and cover flow is gone
  5. whitepod

whitepod New Member

Thats true. but they have made alot more less usefull apps for jailbreak
  6. jimrobo

jimrobo New Member

Actually I agree with the original poster. Yes cover flow is one of the showpieces of the touch and when you show your friends that is one of the first things you show them BUT it is annoying that there is no volume control. I use it at night and listen to music when I go to sleep. Everytime I try and change the volume when I'm lying down it go's to cover flow and it is just annoying so i'd also like to turn cover flow off. If that isn't possible how about someone trying to add a volume control somewhere in cover flow?
  7. sagsi

sagsi New Member

Put the iPod in sleep mode ... when you want to make a change (volume, skip to next track, etc.) double tap the HOME button and the music controls will come up. When the iPod is in sleep mode you won't accidentally fall into cover flow ... I think this is the best workaround for the time being.
  8. rigormortis

rigormortis New Member

better cover flow control

The other annoying thing about coverflow is that it does not update when it moves on to the next song while in random mode. And yes, volume would really be nice as well as a next track button.
  9. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Would you really want Coverflow to update as the song switches? That would suck if you were almost at the album you wanted to listen to when the song changes and sends you to the other side of the album list.
  10. Touchnoob0211

Touchnoob0211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i agree. but the question still isnt answered-- does anyone know of any app or mod that could be done to just stop coverflow? because i totally agree when im just lyin in bed with it sideways it would just be nice to have an on/off switch for coverflow.