Turn off App Store update notification?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by entgegen, Nov 22, 2008.

1. entgegen

entgegen New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is there any way to turn off the App Store app update notification? As in make the little red circle with the number in it go away? I updated one of my apps, and the update makes the app crash. I even tried updating it a second time thinking the first update attempt was a fluke in the download, but it still crashes. So I deleted the app and reinstalled it without it updating, and now the little red circle on the App Store icon is back telling me to update. If the update is going to make the app crash, then I obviously don't want to update. Is there a way to tell the little red circle to go f**k itself and get the hell off my springboard without updating? Or will it even go away on its own if I ignore it long enough? Any wisdom and guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks!
  2. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    nope it will stay there until you update sorry
  3. UltimatePein

UltimatePein New Member

try downloading the update on your computer if the update doesnt go away or causes problems on your device. it should go away. then when it's done downloading the update go ahead and sync and it should work fine!

Please Register or Log in to view images

let me know if this helps
  4. entgegen

entgegen New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nope, same result. However, I deleted the app from my iPod and from iTunes, redownloaded it from iTunes, synced it, and now it works. Whatever. But hey, I appreciate the help anyway. Thanks!
  5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

appflow

If you have a jail broken phone you can use 'appflow'.
    It doesn't stop the update being there, but you can remove the reminder number...