Turn brightness to 0? (And a remotequestion)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MBN, Jan 17, 2010.

1. MBN

MBN New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi agein.
    So here´s the thing. I have a remoteprogram so I can remote my iPod from the computer, and thats just work fine BUT I can´t have it on sleepmode while remoting, so the battery goes down pretty fast. The only way to slow it down is to turn the brightness in SBSettings to the lowest.
    The thing is though that screen is still not black even if you turn it to lowest, so now I wonder if the is any solution to this proplem?

EDIT: Also I wonder if you can transfer music to your iPod in any way? Like an opposite "remote"-applikation for iTunes.
  2. Enkeixpress

Enkeixpress Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Your battery dies down fast too, huh?

Your not alone dude, Mine does the exact same too lol.. I'm gonna get myself a battery extender pack off eBay.. give me a few more hours at least haha.

As for your question.. Hmmm, You could try a program called IFunBox, search it at Google, It's a free app, really easy to use.. just connect your iPod & fire up the app on your PC.

You'll need to go to this directory using that program: var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Controls/Music

That' where the iPod device keep it's music files at ... in folders aswell labled F00, F01, F03 etc .. and so on as so forth.. I'm still trying to figure out where it keeps the f***ing videos! lol

But just make a new folder labled F** after whatever the last numbered folder you've got on yours & stick your music files in there, They should appear on your iPod dude.

All good. & don't bother asking about how I know about all this sh*t already LOL.. I don't have a bloody clue haha, I only got my iPod Touch last week & it's already jailbroken & customized with all the latest mods, tweaks & themes.. & "other" goods, I'm learning fast!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. MBN

MBN New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well thank you. I really hate iTunes when it comes to this sh*t..
    Any more propositions?
  4. Enkeixpress

Enkeixpress Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hehe.. Replies are real hard to come by here lol as you can probably tell..

I take it the "Ifunbox" method doesn't work..? Hmmm, I've never actually done it myself so I can't be 100% sure it works..

Ahhh.. all I can leave you with then is: Google Is Your Friend .. I guess, Sorry.

5. MBN

MBN New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No ploblem. I know there are several iPod managers, but I thought I might could be spared from installing new programs due to the iPod. Since I got the iPod my computer has been spamed with programs that helps me enjoying my iPod more

6. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    remote VNC(Veency and VNC) and to save battery, just get Insomnia(Cydia) and turn it on, turn bluetooth and all unnessacary things off. then Brightness to 0. Insomnia should allow you to keep the connection open while the iPod being in sleep mode.
  7. MBN

MBN New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Very nice

Thank you!
  8. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Insomnia doesn't save battery, it drains battery.
  9. C0C0

C0C0 Well-Known Member

Yep, but he needs wifi for vnc to work... and using insomnia is better than leaving the screen on...
  10. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Exactly. It leaves the connection open which is better than leaving the screen on with it. Also, if your at a computer, why not just plug it in? Seems incredibly simple to me. Just deny iTunes the right to change anything(I.E. Slide to Cancel when it try's to sync.)