Turbo Sim Card Explanation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sickamore, May 16, 2009.

1. sickamore

sickamore New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I would like to know what is turbo sim and what are the disadvantages and advantages in using it. Can someone please explain to me. Thank you
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

It is used to "fool" the phone to thinking it is on a legitimate SIM.

The only advantage to it is that you can use it without unlocking the phone. I am not sure how well they work but I have heard mixed results; they seem to work but can be troublesome.
  3. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    there is a great thread on hackint0sh that go into great detail on how they work. They work different on a 3G iPhone, then on an original.

In short, they work fine on the original iPhone, but they exploit used to make them work was patched with the 3G, so used a slightly different method, that involves tricking the phone into thinking a test sim is installed. This involves some shady network trickery, that has unpredictable resolts, and vary from one network to the next. Dependingon laws in you area these could get you in some truble.

I have used them prior to yellowsn0w and was lucky it worked, as most of the people who tried the same *sim as me, had no luck.

Aside from the scetchy methods used, there are other risks, like stuck sims, bent conectors and so on.

If you really need you phone unlocked, go ahead and try one, but know the risks. When I find the link to the hackint0shthread I will post or you can just go look in the sim cloning/adapter section there. I think it's a sticky.
  4. sickamore

sickamore New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Thank u

I was checking on the sim card method of the phone. You know. I bought a iPhone from a guy and wasn't to sure how he unlocked since he have the firmware 2.2.1 firmware with it. So I wanted to be sure he didn't opened it. I wanted it good and new. It all good. I got it fair price in mint condition. It's all good. I can jailbreak and all. Have iPhone,iPod,iPod touch, and now iPhone 3g. Ask me why I have it I don't know I like to see apple. Thanks guys for the explanation about this sim card methods.