TTR repeated asks for name entry/Songs don't show up or download

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by 996gt2, Mar 8, 2008.

1. 996gt2

996gt2 New Member

I had to re-jailbreak recently, and the Dev Team jailbreak I used is having a lot more issues than the Nate True jailbreak I used 2 months ago (which had no issues with any apps due to the root access)...

None of the songs I download in installer for TTR will show up, and TTR will ask me to enter my name every time I start it. I have changed the permissions of the /mobile, /Media, and TTR folders to 777 in WinSCP and this still happens. I also have a symlink from /var/root/Media/TTR to /var/mobile/Media/TTR so that it will work on 1.1.3, but it still does not...any way to solve this problem?
  2. rickatnight11

rickatnight11 New Member

I am having the exact same issue. I restored to a new 1.1.4 8gb iPod Touch today and Jailbroke with Ziphone 2.5c. I got these issues with TTR right off the bat, and tried moving everything over to the mobile folder and creating a link from the root folder to it. Still no go. chmodded the TTR directory recursively to 755. Still not working. Won't download any songs or save my name.
  3. rickatnight11

rickatnight11 New Member

Got it working. SSH into the Touch and
    If you
    you should have two links:
    Go ahead and
    You will have to chmod the TTR directory to 777 as well as the Music and Taps directories inside of it. So run the following commands:
    Now if you
    you should see that both Music and Taps have the following properties on the left
  4. 996gt2

996gt2 New Member

Ah, ok. Turns out I forgot to change permissions on the symlinked folders but instead changed it to 777 for the other 2 only. Thanks...it works fine now

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. rickatnight11

rickatnight11 New Member

Great! Glad you got it working! You only need the TTR directory in the /var/root/Media directory, or just a link put there to direct it to the /var/mobile/Media directory. You don't need both folders.