TTR Question...

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by NextGen, Jul 26, 2008.

1. NextGen

NextGen New Member

What is the trick to TTR? Like I get 100 percent and I'm still nowhere near the high scores? I use shake and all, what's the trick?
  2. iPod.Touch

iPod.Touch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I know how you feel....I too get 100 percent but when I see the leaderboard, my score is about 90,000, and the scores on the leaderboard are something ridiculas like 200,000!
  3. NextGen

NextGen New Member

I feel like I'm missing something, it's annoying!
  4. chadi

chadi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Some of the people have been SSH'ing into their iPods and messing with the tap files, etc. and making them longer and easier to get more points.
  5. NextGen

NextGen New Member

yeah I know, but still the legit ones are like... Gahhhhh!!!!

LOL, I need the secrets!!
  6. Anonymouslyanonymous

Anonymouslyanonymous Member

Device:
    iPod touch

The trick is to cheat! lol

Cheating in the game is easy. All you have to have is a jailbroken Touch or iPhone. SSH into the taptap.app folder where the track's taps are. Open the .tap in any text editor, and change the digits inside. It may be tedious work and boring to go through 100 lines or so of number editing but it works in the end.

What most cheaters have been doing is making a straight line of dots and editing the intervals in which each dot would appear. They would decrease the interval between each tap so that they could gain more score in that song.

Unfortunately, the app doesn't recognise when its taps have been altered. Something that needs to be implemented in order to ensure the integrity of online scoring.

there you go everyone, now no one can be sure whether some1 else's score is authentic. lol

I've tested this myself and it definitely works but I cbb to do such things in order to just gain a score in a device game. Hm... things ppl do to gain temporary recognition these days... XD
  7. Bostwick2518

Bostwick2518 New Member

You can get 100% and be nowhere near the scores because for the most part, people up there have the x4 multiplier on, and hit the note perfectly so they get 600 points per note.

It's insanely hard...
  8. Themanisback

Themanisback New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't think you even have to use ssh. You can just edit the taps from the .ipa file that is stored on the computer. I'm not sure if it would sync though, maybe I'll try later.
  9. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

I have a legit number 1 high score on a song, and I can tell you that keeping the 4x multiplier on all the notes all the way through it how you do it. 600 points per note is quite a bit.