1. neodude237

neodude237 New Member

I am just wondering if there is any chance the original TTR will be ported to 2.0 JB, so we can still use our library. I love the new one and everything, but just miss that functionality of the old one.
  2. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    nope, not happening
  3. digichris

digichris New Member

Mostlikely due to the fact that the company Tap-Tap is now in a contract with Apple. I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed to make any more software (for the iPodT/iPhone) that is distirbuted any way but through the store. Was TTR(ev) under GNU General Public License? And if so, can somone use the code to make a port to 2.0?
  4. Fehr

Fehr New Member

Well, given that Tapulous has already released a 2.0 TTR, they would have no reason to port the 1.1.x TTR to 2.0. I'm sure they're quite content with their App Store product.
  5. digichris

digichris New Member

I'm talking about someone else (not Tabulous) porting to 2.0. But I guess with the release of Tap Tap Maker it won't really be necessary to port 2.0, being that we can make our own songs.

I never used ver 1 of TTR, just got my first iThing with the release of the 3g's that came down to my price level. So I can't really comment about how good/bad the songs matched up when playing the game from your own library. But the 4 songs I found on these forums seemed to line up pretty good with the songs in version 2, and weren't too time consuming putting them on the phone.

So I'd say if the songs matched with the taps better in version 1, it would be worth porting to 2.0 (to somone I'm sure) so you can have access to all your songs on the fly. But I'm content with the current method for 2.0, just need that TTM!
  6. zwaldowski

zwaldowski New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It wasn't that they matched up better. The iTunes Library feature would enumerate (duh) the iTunes Library and then see if any of your songs were available for play online. People would use the built-in maker to upload Taps/Beats/Whatever so they'd be available for everyone. And it was frigging awesome. Like Phase for the iPoT.
  7. DefRide9

DefRide9 New Member

sooo you can't play songs from your iTunes library on the new TTR, that's not cool lol
  8. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

No way its gonna be ported
  9. DefRide9

DefRide9 New Member

lol i hope so man, that feature was the sh*t, wish i knew how to write sh*t like that cause i would do it in a heart beat lol
  10. Cahyle

Cahyle New Member

Hmm.
    I loved that feature, i think thats what made the original 1.1.x ttr brilliant to play!
    Lets just hope some scripting genius figures it out
    Or apple decide to update their ttr version to have this feature.
    We can just cross our fingers. xD